Breguet Atlantic colours

And just to reiterate. . that Sea Hawk is just stunning! Probably my favourite model I've seen online this year. That Beechcraft TC-45 is nice too.
--
Regards
Drewe

Thank you! Hyperscale currently features a very nice example in colourful US Navy markings as well. (but as an inquisitive detective you probably have not missed it)

I think you are right about all above.

What a coincidence! I have enjoyed the very nice Hasegawa kit too a while ago. And perhaps extend the collection with more of these maritime patrol aircraft. A Shackleton would be nice too.
Bassie Adriaensen wrote:

I have a Contrail Shackleton in the stash: my father-in-law flew in one early in his RAF career (which was largely spent on PR Canberra's, along with Vulcans and Phantoms). What I _really_ want to see is an injection moulded 1/72 Nimrod . . . I'd buy three at least; one of which would go with the Atlantic and Orion (most of my friends work has been on Nimrod avionics, and she is working on the MRA4 project right now).
The ex-Frog Shackleton (an MR3) is available in its Novo guise from Hannants ( http://www.hannants.co.uk ), but marked D for discontinued, so get your order in quick!
The Hannants site also reveals the awe-inspiring existance of a 1/48 Vacform Shackleton, from Sanger. I'd need an extension to the house . . .

Thanks for the head up. I think I saw one at my local hobbyshop. I suppose I better pick it up soon before its too late.

A bigger house, and some more time. Wouldn't that be nice?

This was indeed the original scheme for Dutch (MLD) Orions.
HTH,
Andre
Got mine too today. I also thought the wings were warped, but now I think it's the dihedral you're looking at ? Wrt colours : something like extra dark sea grey (lightened due to weathering) over white ?

Hi all Angelo Falconi in "Manuale delle colorazioni nel plastimodellismo aereo" , a good book from my point of view ,states for the italian Atlantics(all the atlantics seems to wear the same colors to me ): "Grigio mare medio opaco numero 30" = matt medium sea grey number 30 aprrox 26329 Monografie areonautiche italiane n22 om the atlantic says: uppers surfaces: "grigio mare medio numero 3" = medium sea grey number 3, the color replaced by no30 and gives humbrol color HN-1 old autentic colors= FS 36400 I also have a small pic of an new atlantic and an old tracker flying in formation if you want it send me an email I will be happy to send it to you when I did an italian tracker I used Humbrol 129 F.S. 16440 and it looked quite good
just can't wait for some italian decals for this Atlantic bye Paolo
remove spamtrap if you want to write to me
Thanks very much for the additional info Paolo. Some more to contemplate. I wonder what would happen if all these paints would be mixed together. What I don't understand is why Revell didn't include one more nation to the decal sheet. Italy seems like a big enough market to me. I hope you will get the decals. It really is a nice kit.

Paolo wrote:

I'm not sure why Revell chose not to include Italian markings in the kit; there are detail differences to the Italian airframes, the most noticable of which is a large aerial on the fuselage spine, similar in shape to the fin top of the Atlantic deux, but these could easily be adressed with small additions to the sprues. So, be prepared to do some small changes to go with those Marinavia markings :)

that domed antenna is a Mid Life Update usualy associated with a single grey low vis camouflage I would be very curious to know for sure if all the atlantics were identical (externaly) when they left the Breguet factory , I can't spot any difference between them
Bye Paolo
Paolo wrote:

Rodolfo wrote:
> There are non differencies between Italian and German Atlantic, until > Italian Air Force upgraded some of the Atlantics. The differences tah > are you talking about was introduced then.
You are right, of course, and I should have paid more attention to the Scale Aircraft Modelling article, which has two photos of Italian Atlantics (30.07 and 30.10) in grey-and-white and with the same outline as the German, French and Dutch aircraft. It does indeed look as though all the original deliveries were identical, differences being introduced as later upgrades and camouflage updates.
Paolo has sent me a copy of his photograph, which can be seen here:
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk/modelling/Atlantic_and_Tracker.jpg
Alan Dicey wrote:

Hi Alan, There are non differencies between Italian and German Atlantic, until Italian Air Force upgraded some of the Atlantics. The differences tah are you talking about was introduced then. Actually, with Revell kit is possible to build an Italian plane before that upgrading, done I thinkl around mid '90s. It is a pity the absence of Italian marking, and I hope that you are right about new version.
Bye, Rodolfo.
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:54:52 +0100, Alan Dicey

For what it's worth, there was also a Model Art decal sheet for an Italian and a French Atlantics. It reported for both version a Grey FS 13237, although the Italian early scheme was in "Grigio Mare Medio", circa FS26239 (Humbrol 87/HN1, Tamiya XF-25, Xtracolor X352).
-- Luca Beato - http://members.xoom.it/huey / FAQ del plastimodellismo su http://www.ipmsitaly.com/faq/modelfaq.html
Luca Beato wrote:

a French Atlantics. It reported for both version a Grey FS 13237, although the Italian early scheme was in "Grigio Mare Medio", circa FS26239 (Humbrol 87/HN1, Tamiya XF-25, Xtracolor X352).

Tony O'Toole, in his SAM Article, mentions that he used the Model Art sheet (72-011), and also says it suggests FS13237. Since FSx3xxx is the yellow series of colours, I think this is a misprint for FS15237, Dark Blue/Grey (X126, H145).