Breguet Atlantic colours

For what it's worth, there was also a Model Art decal sheet for an Italian and a French Atlantics. It reported for both version a Grey FS 13237, although the Italian early scheme was in "Grigio Mare Medio", circa FS26239 (Humbrol 87/HN1, Tamiya XF-25, Xtracolor X352).

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato

Thanks for the head up. I think I saw one at my local hobbyshop. I suppose I better pick it up soon before its too late.

A bigger house, and some more time. Wouldn't that be nice?

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that the figures of these FS numbers actually mean something. Here are two pictures of my Orion modelling effort:

is painted with H123. With a touch of green added, but I don't think the difference would be noticeable on these pictures. The lighting is far from optimal, but it may give an impression. It is also very well possible that your H123 is somewhat different. I have experienced that Humbrol maintains rather wide tolerances with their colour system.

Actually, I don't really think it is a Dutch P-3. That is, I don't recognize the camo pattern. I'm inclined to think it is a Canadian Aurora in some low-viz livery. Also the grey is less blueish ;-)

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

"Bassie Adriaensen" waxed lyrical news:3f86ad50$0$448 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl:

Beautiful. And that Sea Hawk is just exquisite!

Reply to
Drewe Manton

that domed antenna is a Mid Life Update usualy associated with a single grey low vis camouflage I would be very curious to know for sure if all the atlantics were identical (externaly) when they left the Breguet factory , I can't spot any difference between them

Bye Paolo

Reply to
Paolo

Hi Alan, There are non differencies between Italian and German Atlantic, until Italian Air Force upgraded some of the Atlantics. The differences tah are you talking about was introduced then. Actually, with Revell kit is possible to build an Italian plane before that upgrading, done I thinkl around mid '90s. It is a pity the absence of Italian marking, and I hope that you are right about new version.

Bye, Rodolfo.

Reply to
Rodolfo

"Drewe Manton" schreef in bericht news:Xns9410963EEBB2Adrewebtinternetcom@130.133.1.4...

huh? both pictures should actually depict an Orion model ;) Nevertheless thank you. I'm always game for a compliment or two.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

"Bassie Adriaensen" wrote in news:3f871cdb$0$449 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl:

Both pictures did. . but I did a little working back through the directories to see other models! I presumed the Sea Hawk was yours, was I wrong? Beautiful model anyway!

Reply to
Drewe Manton

"Drewe Manton" schreef in bericht news:Xns9410EBD236A8Ddrewebtinternetcom@130.133.1.4...

You are not supposed to do that!

I presumed the Sea Hawk was yours, was I

Yes it is mine, thanks. You may just as well take the front door...

Bassie Adriaensen

Rodolfo wrote:

You are right, of course, and I should have paid more attention to the Scale Aircraft Modelling article, which has two photos of Italian Atlantics (30.07 and 30.10) in grey-and-white and with the same outline as the German, French and Dutch aircraft. It does indeed look as though all the original deliveries were identical, differences being introduced as later upgrades and camouflage updates.

Paolo has sent me a copy of his photograph, which can be seen here:

Alan Dicey

a French Atlantics. It reported for both version a Grey FS 13237, although the Italian early scheme was in "Grigio Mare Medio", circa FS26239 (Humbrol 87/HN1, Tamiya XF-25, Xtracolor X352).

Tony O'Toole, in his SAM Article, mentions that he used the Model Art sheet (72-011), and also says it suggests FS13237. Since FSx3xxx is the yellow series of colours, I think this is a misprint for FS15237, Dark Blue/Grey (X126, H145).

Reply to
Alan Dicey

"Bassie Adriaensen" wrote in news:3f8737c5$0$442 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl:

Well, it's this new gangled cybernet interweb thingy. . . it makes detectives of us all!

Bookmarked, thanks!

Reply to
Drewe Manton

"Bassie Adriaensen" wrote in news:3f8737c5$0$442 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl:

And just to reiterate. . that Sea Hawk is just stunning! Probably my favourite model I've seen online this year. That Beechcraft TC-45 is nice too.

Reply to
Drewe Manton

This was indeed the original scheme for Dutch (MLD) Orions.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

"Drewe Manton" schreef in bericht news:Xns94116D3C13170drewebtinternetcom@130.133.1.4...

Thank you! Hyperscale currently features a very nice example in colourful US Navy markings as well. (but as an inquisitive detective you probably have not missed it)

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen