CITGO model cars from the '60s

A few years ago I picked up most, if not all, of the little model cars given away at CITGO stations back in the '60s. Most or all were very old cars & I guess around 1/65 - 1/43 scale. I remebered them from my childhood when I was into 'little cars', like HotWheels, Matchbox, etc. Anyone know the hstory of these little kits? Who made them, etc.?

Reply to
frank may

I vaguely remember the commercials, but I never actually got to see the cars. (My mom was a Sunoco user...)

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall