Atlas 23,500-gallon tank cars from Trainworld

I pre-ordered a total of 14 cars from Trainworld of the new run of Atlas

23,500 gallon tank cars. I received 7 of them about two or three weeks ago and all of them were the odd-numbered units I ordered (e.g., 1630-1, 1631-1, 1632-1, 1633-1), but still haven't received any of the even-numbered ones (e.g., 1630-2, 1631-2, 1632-2, 1633-2). Has anyone else had the same experience with these items ordering either through Trainworld or through some other place?
Reply to
Bob Pittman

If this is the same place I got to visit personally while in NYC about a month ago, then I can understand why you might be having troubles. Talk about a real dump...

Reply to
Sean S

I've never had any problems ordering from them.

Sean S wrote: :>From: "Bob Pittman" snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net : :>Has anyone else had the same :>experience with these items ordering either through Trainworld or through :>some other place? : : If this is the same place I got to visit personally while in NYC about a month : ago, then I can understand why you might be having troubles. Talk about a real : dump...

Reply to
Michael Powell

IIRC, there was a blurb in the most recent RMC that the owner had recently died and his sons were working at re organizing and carrying on the business.

-- Jim McLaughlin

Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

What did they say when you called them about it?

Reply to
MrRathburne

TrainWorld, in our many experiences, has been an extremely dependable train store for online ordering. They have never made an error filling an order. Their prices are terrific, and they have accepted returns w/o any debate whatsoever.

Highly Recommended!

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

They said the others are "back-ordered" -- which was about three weeks ago now. A few days or even a week's difference between the delivery of two batches wouldn't surprise me a great deal, but I've heard that other places have gotten all theirs (including the even-numbered ones) from Atlas, so I'm wondering if Trainworld will really be receiving the other half. It's not that I'm so much in a hurry to get them as I'm wondering whether or not I should cancel the rest of my order with them and buy the even-numbered items from somewhere else.

P.S. Let me stress that I'm not accusing them of doing anything wrong. I've ordered from them many times before and always been happy with the results. I'm just concerned that for whatever reason they aren't going to get in the other half of my order.

Reply to
Bob Pittman

I agree completely -- I just want to make sure that I eventually get all the tank cars I ordered!

Reply to
Bob Pittman

I would consider calling TrainWorld and presenting them with this thought. This might generate a more accurate account of what's taking place with these cars. Please keep us posted as we are certainly interested in their handlnig of this issue.

Good Luck - hopefully, it'll all turn out to your complete satisfaction!

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

After seeing the place firsthand, I find it amazing. The store in Manhattan is in the very dark and dreary basement of a building, with VERY narrow aisles and little to no organization. Locomotives in display cases often had other stuff piled up on top of them... such as two brand new Athearn Genesis CR SD70's that were already half buried in other crap.

Seeing the retail storefront end of their establishment wouldn't make me confident in their ability to handle orders efficiently.

I'm not saying that the positive experiences others have had are wrong, but the impression I was left with after visiting their establishment in mid-October wasn't the greatest. Maybe their Long Island location is better...

Reply to
Sean S

Was going to vist But i'll think I go to denver or other larger hobby shop

Ant from down under

Reply to
Mr Anthony Chambers