Odd Socket wrench from Boeing Surplus

I have been trying to spend donation moeny at Boeing Surplus for the last 2 weeks. We have 1 week left and besides a HUGE score of aluminum today it has been pretty tedious.

With no large items, that we can use, available from Boeing it is a bit of a challenge to spend this money.

I have been buying box after box of air tools from the toolroom and anything else from the main floor that is at all interesting.

I have been buying a LOT of socket wrenches, and box-end wrenches of all sizes.

I tend to just fill buckets without bothering to size the items.

I was sorting a lot of them today and discovered a very odd socket.

2 of them in fact.

The socket is marked in SAE and Metric.

25/32" and 19.8MM

I have never in my life seen a socket of this size or ever seen a nut it would fit. One of the sockets was made by Easco and the other by Armstrong.

Just wondering if anybody has ever seen one before.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Yes -- got it at Boeing Surplus and never had a use for it.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam

Fits 1/2" Whit & BSF bolts & nuts, another made by US makers was marked 19/32" and fitted 3/8" Whit & BSF bolts etc..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
Robert Murray

IIRC 25/32" used to be quite comon on some older vehicles in the USA. I have a few of the 25/32" box wrenches I acquired from grandfather and fathers collection of tools, and they all appear to be well used.........I do know that 25/32" was used on the 1949/50 Mercury Club Coupe on the steering gear, but its highly unlikely Boeing would be working on a Merc Club Coupe, unless maybeas a project for one of the CEO's ;-) Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

It may of been used on Boeing 707 engine mount bolts. If there is any aircraft mechanics from the early Boeing 707 era they may know!

Reply to
PMIOTKING