Boeing Surplus

Flew up to Seattle on a day trip on Tuesday, meetings were done around noon, decided, "hey, I'm gonna check out this Boeing Surplus place people rave about"

Get to the place, find out they are closed on Tuesdays! :(

Maybe next time....

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Yes, it's kinda cool to "prowl" the yard and see what sort of stuff you

*need* for projects.

Here's the link:

Sorry you missed it. You need to plan your next trip a little better :-)

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Reply to
Larry

jeff wrote in article ...

Here in Maine, we have the ocean-going equivalent of Boeing Surplus with Bath Industrial Supply - a privately owned company which handles all the surplus material and tooling from Bath Iron Works where they build U.S. Navy destroyers.

Unfortunately, I work on a lot of race cars and I would be much more at home rummaging through light weight aircraft surplus components than I am with heavy, cast iron naval items.

I do, however, occasionally find a deal at Bath Industrial - such as 100 lb. bags of Black Beauty blasting medium for less than $10 each.

Are there any sort of aircraft surplus outlets in the New England area?

B.P.

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Please tell me more, Bob. I'm new to Maine and am getting desperate for a decent scrapyard. Where is this fine place?

Do you know any scrap places that have things in addition to scrap? For instance, one of my favorite places in Colorado (where I moved from) would sell things with wires on them for $1 a pound. If you knew what it was, it could be quite a deal.

Thanks, Steve Smith Brownfield

Bob Paul>

Reply to
Steve Smith

Bath Industrial Sales

56 New Meadows Rd, West Bath, ME 04530 Phone: (207) 443-9754

"Scrap" centered on on Brownfeild got these (as well as some further off).

Lin-Cor Environmental (207) 793-2670 1689 North Rd Parsonsfield, ME

West Paris Metals (207) 674-2100 36 Maple St West Paris, ME

Scrap In A Snap (207) 878-7966 52 Reed St Westbrook, ME

Maine Metal Recycling Inc (207) 786-3531 522 Washington St Auburn, ME

Vic Stone Metals Trading (603) 776-7811 Gammons Corner Rd Alton, NH

E Perry Iron & Metal Co (207) 775-3181 Web Site 115 Lancaster St Portland, ME

Reply to
Ecnerwal

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:10:47 -0500, "Bob Paulin" w

Try the Pratt and Whitney surplus center in East Hartford CT. Not too much lightweight stuff, mainly motors, actuators, many machine tools, but you never know what turns up.

See

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Excellent. Thanks very much. I've been asking the wrong places.

Steve

Ecnerwal wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

If you get THAT excited over scrap metal, I hesitate to introduce you to Liberty Tool Co on Route 173 in downtown Liberty, Maine - between Augusta and Belfast off Route 3.

Lots of machine tool stuff - some great deals, some pure junk, but a browser's paradise.

If you go, plan on several hours browsing.

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E. Chassis Analysis Services

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Thanks. I've wanted to get to Liberty Tool for years from the stories I'd heard about it. Probably not until next year given the current task list.

Steve

Bob Paul>If you get THAT excited over scrap metal, I hesitate to introduce you to

Reply to
Steve Smith