City of Manchester kit

I'm going to make the assumption that the "City of Manchester" that you are talking about is the Stanier 4-6-2 Princess Coronation engine numbered (4)6246 in 4mm scale.
In which case, DJH produce a kit of this sort of engine.
However, it might be easier (not to say cheaper) to go another way. The latest RTR Hornby models are rather good, but still have a few faults, notably around the pony truck area and the frame extensions. There are several variants available. I'm not certain, off the top of my head, which style of footplate 46246 had, so you will need to check your references before choosing a base model. There were also differences in tenders dependant on whether the engine was originally built streamlined.
?SID=11221
?SID=17647 Once you have the base model, you can add a detail pack from Comet Models
This will solve the problem with the frame extensions and add some really nice detail. LDP06 or LDP07 will be suitable dependant on the style of footplate. If you wish to improve the pony truck, then LS12 will help. Of course, if you really wanted to go the whole hog you could fit a complete new chassis assembly - LF2 - , although if you do this, it might well be worth attempting to get hold of a spare body moulding rather than a complete RTR model.
If my assumption is correct, and you are talking about a model steam engine, you can no doubt get more help and advice in uk.rec.models.rail.
Hope this helps.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
"Enzo Matrix" wrote a lot of stuff about trains...
Enzo... the man of many talents! Who knew you were a closet train buff?
RobG (The Aussie one)
Reply to
RobG
Practically everyone in uk.rec.models.rail
However, few of them realise Enzo's a closet plane buff.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
LOL Maybe I should "come out" to the guys in urmr...
I consider myself to be primarily a railway modeller. But there are only so many Stanier coaches you can build, y'know what I mean? So I've taken up a bit of aircraft modelling again - F-4s, F-16s and Spitfires are just so *nice* !
And... I'm seriously considering building a couple of tanks, just so I can use some of those wonderful Ultracast figures. Maybe a Comet and a Cromwell...
Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Site Timeline