Colors for RAF Nimrod

Is there a US source for the correct "hemp" color used on the RAF Nimrods? In the same area, were any Nimrods painted overall grey?

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Xtracrylix XA1016 is a *very* accurate match. In the US it should be available from Two Bobs Decals.

Otherwise, try Hannants in the UK.

The original Nimrod colour scheme was overall Light Aircraft Grey with a white upper fuselage and fin. I believe that some Nimrods used in the strategic recce role in Afghanistan are now painted in the grey colour scheme similar to that used by Tornado F3s.

?FULL=ML72159

Enzo Matrix

Thank you, Enzo. I shall try for the Hemp, but if all else fails, I have plenty of the correct greys on hand.

Don H.,

Reply to
Don Harstad

Great Models carries both Xtracrylic acrylics and Xtracolor enamals. Nimrods are slowly being repainted in an overall grey scheme, but many are still in the hemp/light airceaft grey colors.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Oh, great. Now I gotta make a decision.....

Thanks!

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Nah! Just build two! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

It frightens me that that makes perfectly good sense. ; )

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad