Match for "Hemp"

Any good guesses as to the closest match for the modern RAF color known as "Hemp"? (I'm hoping to use paints readily available in the US, such as
ModelMaster and/or Floquil-PolyS, Tamiya.... I don't have access to Humbrol unless I mail order it.
Don H.

You should be able to find a match using the color charts at this site:
http://www.hotel.wineasy.se/ipms /
although I'm getting a "404 error" at the moment. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap)
On 1/5/04 7:38 am, in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com,

Here, now...
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_uk.htm
It says FS 30450, Tamiya:XF-57? Extracolour:X16 Gunze Sangyo:H336
An that's the lot...
Bestest, M.
IIRC they changed something in the domain name last year. Try going to IPMSUSA and linking to IPMS Sweden from there, then find the charts and reset your bookmark.
Keeper wrote:

Gunze makes it.
Don Harstad wrote:

Uhh...marijuanna...if you can find it...its kind of a hunter green...both the uhhh female and male leaf..Just thought I would pass it along. Mike IPMS

hemp as in the fibre or rope, is a light brown.
Read my mind dude.
e wrote:

crystal ball say no one home.
That's because I am rarely in my right mind.......
e wrote:

crsytal ball says answer probable.
Ain't no probable to it....at the current moment I am using my extra mind from the scratch & dent sale while the good one is in the wash......
e wrote:

i only need fluff and dry.
Mike Keown wrote:

I had no idea one could tell the sex of the plant by its leaves but then what I don't know about weed is voluminous.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

you can make them change sex and increase the quality of the rope.
We're talking the rope color here, a kind of tan........
Mike Keown wrote:

How about RLM 79,Sandgelb? Might have to lighten it up a bit, maybe 90/10 sandgelb and light ghost gray.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

if that is the color i'm thinking of, it is too yellow and needs browning.
e wrote:

And a little grey added, I'd guess. This is why I'm not too hot on mixing my own unless I have a recipe and even then I'm reluctant.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

if you google up the hemp sites, you can find a color pic. there is a movement for allowing more hemp materials here. cloth, rope, etc. i'll look later and hu a url if you wish, bill.