Match for "Hemp"

Any good guesses as to the closest match for the modern RAF color known as "Hemp"? (I'm hoping to use paints readily available in the US, such as ModelMaster and/or Floquil-PolyS, Tamiya.... I don't have access to Humbrol unless I mail order it.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

You should be able to find a match using the color charts at this site:

although I'm getting a "404 error" at the moment. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Here, now...

It says FS 30450, Tamiya:XF-57? Extracolour:X16 Gunze Sangyo:H336

An that's the lot...

Bestest, M.

Reply to
Matt Bacon

Uhh...marijuanna...if you can find it...its kind of a hunter green...both the uhhh female and male leaf..Just thought I would pass it along. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

hemp as in the fibre or rope, is a light brown.

I had no idea one could tell the sex of the plant by its leaves but then what I don't know about weed is voluminous.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

you can make them change sex and increase the quality of the rope.

crystal ball say no one home.

crsytal ball says answer probable.

Now known as Camouflage Beige in BS381C Don't reply to the btconnect address - and remove nospam!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

i only need fluff and dry.

How about RLM 79,Sandgelb? Might have to lighten it up a bit, maybe 90/10 sandgelb and light ghost gray.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

if that is the color i'm thinking of, it is too yellow and needs browning.

And a little grey added, I'd guess. This is why I'm not too hot on mixing my own unless I have a recipe and even then I'm reluctant.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak