Match for "Hemp"

if you google up the hemp sites, you can find a color pic. there is a movement for allowing more hemp materials here. cloth, rope, etc. i'll look later and hu a url if you wish, bill.

I'm not sure how much like hemp, Hemp actually is -- I've never seen slate that looks as green as Slate Grey, either...

If Sandgelb is what my Humbrol Authentics call "German Overall Sand" (I inherited them -- I'm not an armour modeller), then that is a pretty good place to start. I was amazed how green it is. I'd say tonally it it's pretty good, so I'd soften it with maybe as much as 1/3 a similar-toned grey, perhaps a slightly blue-grey to push it in the right direction. If I was doing it, I might try one of my Flanker blue-greys...

I think the Canberras weather quite lot. I suspect scale colour comes into it, too!

Bestest, M.

Reply to
Matt Bacon

the hemp cloth and rope i've seen have a definite brownish tinge. but there are lots of varietys.

sandgelb and light ghost gray.>>

FWIW--Just for grins I mixed up some Sandgelb with a touch of gray as I suggested, took it and some natural hemp rope to a paint store and had them run it through the color analyzer. With my semi-accurate mix it was virtually the same--set between two shades where the difference was barely perceptible. She said it could go either way. I didn't necessarily do this to prove myself right; I realized that I may very well have a need for the same color, so....

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

I think I'll try that....

Thanks,

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Matt, we have some fairly green slate in our walk here.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Gosh, I'd better learn to read better. Where'd I get the idea I read 'green'?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Gunze of Japan, Hemp, Acrylic (may be useful for color match if one prefers enamels.) BS4800/10B21 RAF. MAH 336

Reply to
Bruce W. Apple

The armor yellow and airplane yellow were different colors which Humbrol faithfully replicated back in the day. I don't know about the new line. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper