cut follow up

no infection, no problems. stitches out monday-tuesday.
we are pleased.
That is good to hear - some of the posts on your original post were quite humorous. My 2 bits is the need for 3rd hand while soldering case. One hand for the piece/tweezers, one hand for the iron/gun, and how do you feed the solder? Especially because you are working under a microscope (Ghz frequency oscillator work).......use your mouth, of course. What happens when you lose your sense of where your mouth is in relation to your heat source? I bet you can guess where this is going. What was outstanding though was the guy it happened to had to fill out an accident report and his response to the question, "How do you prevent this from happening in the future?" Grow a third hand!
Reply to
Andrew M
personally with soldering, i do use a third hand. it can be very hard under a mic, but care and jury-rigged set-ups can save your skin. literally. i dropped an iron in my lap and tried to catch it. i remembered just in time to not burn my thighs as it landed on a bare foot. man, wearing shoes over an awesome large burn can be very trying for as long as 2 weeks. add infection and you have a real problem. only did that one once. i now solder over a much safer setup where the iron can only fall on a table and not roll. that lesson really stuck!