Deals Wheels question

How many different kits were made? I have the tank kit, and remember a Z-28, VW bug, Nomad...........but there must have been others?

Reply to
Steve Faxon

I recall a Z-28, a VW bus, a VW dune buggy with tank turret, a VW Beetle, and some kind of airplane (the Fokker Funfdecker?).

You might post your question here; the Show Rod Rallye guys know all this stuff:

snh9728

From Revell's 1972-73 Model Kit Catalog...

DEAL'S WHEELS - KOOKY CARS & INSANE PLANES

Dave Deal draws cars. Dave Deal races cars. Dave Deal builds cars. Dave Deal loves cars...he's engaged to a '54 Studebaker/Lumbago. And now Dave Deal designs car models...for you! Gigunda tires, Super-chrome Blowers, and weeeerd drivers in pre-colored molded madness.

AND MORE --

pppppppppplanes!!

4 of the farthest-out flyboys who ever freaked through the skies. 2 Allied air aces and 2 resolute Rheinlanders in their customized craft. Over and out of it.

H-190 the BARON and his FUNFDECKER FOKKER - Ace dog fighter &

5-winged aeroplae (Fokker "tri"plane) H-191 LUCKY PIERRE of the LAFYETTE ESCADRILLE - "Mon amis, 'luck' has nothing to do with it" - Pierre (Nieuport) H-192 FLT.LFT. RIF RAF and his SPITSFIRE - Good show-20 Micrometer cannon..."piece of cake?" (Spitfire) H-193 MESSA-SCHNITZEL 109 - Pilot not zo schmart...plane und simple (Bf 109) H-1351 BUG OUT - Crushed street-eatin' Beetle car-runch! (VW Bug) H-1352 GLITTER BUG - Sand-grabbin' desert devil. Hot stuff (Dune Buggy) H-1353 ZZZZZZZZ-28 - Low pro street-racer. Mean scene, man (Z-28) H-1354 STINK RAY - Groovy full race Veteran and also-ran (Corvette) H-1355 '57 cHEVY - Chrome-blown Hi-rider ('57 Chevy) H-1357 TRANS-UM TIREBIRD - Goop Scooped street eliminator (Trans Am) H-1359 McLAPPER MkV8 - Multi-scooped Can't-Am Racer... spoilered! (Mclaren) H-1361 BAJA HUMBUG - Rut-ridin', mud-sluggin' boonie basher (Baja VW Bug) H-1362 VAN - "A rolling home gathers momentum" (VW Bus) H-1363 FERD PHONY CAR - Blown and injected Asphault chomper (Mustang) H-1364 GO-MAD NOMAD - Equipped for cross-country truckin' (Nomad wagon) H-1365 SUPER-SPURT - Champ-peen phony car with all decals and equipment (Chevelle)

... and now, HERE'S THE DEAL! "I hope you'll be looking for the life-size Deal's Whells Cars when they appear near you. All my favorites are there...I'd be there myself except my chain isn't long enough"

From Revell's 1971-72 Model Kit Catalog...

DEAL'S WHEELS Introducing a new kind of model designed by Dave Deal. Dave groves on cars. He builds and races them...he draws cartoons of them, and now he designs models of his favoite far out vehicles. Dave made DEAL'S WHEELS ever farther out...with fat tires and funky little hip drivers and spaced out body designs. What we do is mold them in nifty colors so you don't have to paint them. All you have to do is enjoy building tand looking at them and rolling them around.

H-1356 SWINE HUNT - A Rank Tank Pork Chopper (Dune Buggy Tank)

(also in 1971-72 catalog - H-190,1351,1352,1253,1354,1355,1357,

1359,1361,1362,1363,and 1364)

Enjoy,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Not sure how many have been repopped, but MVR hobby shop in Davenport, IA has a few--took me back to better days when I saw those boxes.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

I recall building a Z-28...

Reply to