Decals that won't stick

Hi,
Some decals don't stick while others will on the same model. Any tips?
More info available if you need it
Thanks,
Sam
Reply to
Sam
Hi Sam, A dab of Klear/ Future should do the trick, brush it thinly onto the model then apply the decal. Squeeze out the excess, smooth down and you're done.
flak monkey
If you can get it to lay in place for a few moments, then a decal solvent (not setting solution) will goo it so it sticks. One has to be careful, however, when applying the solvent so that it does not move while applying the gunk.
Or, try setting solution to hold it in place, then carefully apply solvent solution.
Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
Make sure that you are applying the decal to a glossy surface; that may help. Solvent will help for sure. If they won't work with that, the Future that someone else suggested will definitely work, but I'd consider that a last resort. Good luck!
--- Stephen
Reply to
Stephen Tontoni
I've wet the surface with extremely diluted white glue. Not only do they stick but it seems to eliminate silvering.
Doug
Reply to
Doug Wagner
I forgot to thank you all for your replies. I ended up putting a dab of black semi-gloss on the flat black and it stuck
Thanks
Sam
Reply to
Sam