Dohh! " The Simpsons" is made in Korea!

Another great American icon gone to cheap Asian labor.

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

just fall off the bus? caroons have been colored and inked in korea for 30 years. nothing new for the simpsons...been that way all along.

I think that our Springfield role models have *always* been drawn in Asia. Many times in past episodes, the characters have made reference to the cheap animation labor available in Asia...whereupon something then goes "screwy" with the animation at that precise moment.

( 8^(|) Homer

{ 8^7 Bart

Reply to
Greg Heilers

started in the late 60's. even hanna barbera used offshor servicers. mostly they do the grunt work...backgrounds, colorization, all the labor intensive stuff. the koreans, like the japanese before them, are becoming great animators. look for korean anime to make some rumbles......

There is that (in)famous example in a very early "Simpson's" episode, in which Smithers was drawn as a Black person!...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

say what? never saw that one, or even heard about it. was that deliberate?

Greg Heilers

coolness.