Don't Ya Hate It When....

you're looking for a scale model car,(like one you had years ago & really liked it) & all you can find is the sister version?.I had a '67 Coronet & I saw a '67 Belvediere.

Reply to
teem

That's why the modelling gods make conversion kits and sctarchbuilding supplies : )

Reply to
Jessie C

wish i had a 66 coronet. seen one?

Revell did have Coronets out a few years ago. Check around and you might turn one up.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

I meant to say the GXT model.I picked this particular Coronet up while living in Penna. in 1980,it was used,had a bench front seat red leather,used to be buckets,but hey must of been tossed years before,couldn't fill the tank up all the way,it leaked.wasd painted bright oreange with a god awful ''landau'' vinyl roof.Earlier before i had it someone dropped a 71 Newport engine in it.A hurst shifter,4 speed also.Seems like theres more coronets rolling around in Penna than Ohio.

Reply to
teem

'67. You'd have to do some fancy work on the grille and the taillights to get the '66. I assume you mean something like Anniversary Gold. That's what it was called back in '64. I had a '64 Polara coupe but for some reason it was painted with the Custom 880 shade. Yes, it did look different.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

Haven't seen any lately but I'm hoping to get down to a car show Saturday. '71 Newport? Sounds like it would have been a 440, unless they were trying to push that barge around with a 383. They both look similar from the outside except for the carburetion, IIRC.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

The most I recall on that Newport engine was ALOT of unplugged wire connectors,well, 4-5 anyway.oh yea,the carb filter was a ''sport'' design,the sides were exposed,the carb backfired once & caught the filter on fire!,wasnt a happy day,threw my coat on it to put it out,the spring to the accellerator melted & stretched out,had to floor it to get some type of speed.

Reply to
teem