Done! Avenger in 1/144

Finally done with Minicraft's 1/144 Avenger. Three pics now over on
ABMS. I like the way the blue fades to gray, but it's probably too
pronounced. I like the way the oil wash looks, especially on the wings.
I tossed the clear fuselage window and filled the gaps with Future; very
easy and looks great. Lost the gun barrel, lost the tail wheel, lost the
antenna, lost the clear part for the "bottom canopy". And I hated the
damned canopy and turret. I squash molded them so many times. Argh!!
Finally gave up and cleaned up the originals. Painting them was the
absolute worst modeling experience ever, my own personal modeling hell.
Anyway, it's done. I learned a lot from this and many tricks I'll use on
other kits. Next up, Academy's B-47 Stratojet!
TF
Reply to
TForward
I shall check it out when I get over to abms. The biggest problem with 1/144th models is the canopy frames, IMHO. Decal linings help a little.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Site Timeline