Dutch prewar Navy pics binary posting

Hopefully just posted four images of the Hertog Hendrik, Tromp, and two pics of the Tromps seaplane.

alt.binaries.models.scale

Didn't know if they were common or not.

Reply to
old hoodoo

Can't say that I ever heard of them. I shall hasten over there and give them a look.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Very neat! I thought we were talking aircraft types and I find ships (and a plane). I imagine Hertog Hendrik was named for a prince. Was he from the House of Orange? Tromp=Triumph? Both look to be destroyers. Any ideas of their wartime record?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hertog Henrik: post war cruiser named after a minor german prince who was married to Queen Wilhelmina. A submarine of the same name was captured by Germans early in WW2 and took no further part in the war.

Tromp: light cruiser named after admiral who humiliated the British navy in

1652

Took part in many joint naval actions against the Japanese

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Cool! Thanks for the info.