Ebay anger...

Now I'm just p*ssed! I'm bidding on a really sweet deal, a very collectible kit that I've wanted to build again for years. There's one listed and I'm the high bidder for about 1/3 what it's been selling for on ebay in the past. The auction is getting close to ending and all of a sudden my bid has been CANCELLED! Seller apparently made an error in the description of the kit. Problem is, there WAS no description error, he relisted it with an IDENTICAL description but put it as BUY IT NOW for a price that's about

3x what my bid was.

Grrrrrrrr...

Now, before you flame me for wanting to catch a deal on Ebay and miss- ing out on it. My beef is that the seller backed out of a deal in order to up a price. I'd have been willing to bid on it for a bit more too, I really do want to build the kit, I think it's just entirely too cheesey to up the price the way he did. It was the seller upping the price, not another bidder.

I'm not gonna push to get the thing, I'm not gonna try to get the seller in trouble, I'm just never gonna buy anything from that seller ever again. And no, I'm not gonna publish the name here or anywhere else. People like this usually weed themselves off of ebay from lack of buyers.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Reply to
Drew Hill

So you had the winning bid going well into the auction when the seller pulled the item, then re-listed the identical item with identical description at 3 times your current bid? It sounds like he used the first auction to gauge the market so that he could run it again at a higher amount.

It's highly unethical/unscrupulous, barring some other extenuating circumstances, and you're right about not using that seller again.

If it were me, I'd report the person to ebay as well, along with URL's for the first and second auctions to facilitate ebay doing research on it.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

"Drew Hill" wrote in news:1131149720.811939.74990 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

This is such crap. Doesn't it say "Your bid is a contract?" Does that only apply to buyers?

I was watching a few nice items and they were pulled off after people started bidding. Item was "no longer available".

I would report the son of a bitch. I've been ratting out keyword spammers lately. Some piece of crap had a whole bunch of armor related terms in white in his ad. I'm doing searches and I'm getting dozens of his but they don't match my criteria. So now instead of looking at the 10 or so that matter I have to wade through 50 or more. What a dick.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

What about the Minimum Bid?

Most of the auctions I've seen with a Buy It Now price also have a Minimum Bid which is lower. In such cases, you can bid anything between the two amounts. If you bid less than the Buy It Now price, that option disappears and it becomes a normal auction.

If he relisted it with the minimum bid equal to the Buy It Now price, you could try complaining to eBay.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

There WASN'T a minimum bid. Anyway, they could've just let it go until the end of the auction and then I'd've been out anyway, no problems there.

The seller was being a jerk is all.

Reply to
Drew Hill

Apparently in Austin TX, Drew's parting missive counts for nothing

Drew's msg *was* in re to models. It's rec.models.scale, not rec.models.built.or.building

Ray, you should post this to AARP - please keep your personal problems to yourself ;-)

... and please do Chill-TFO

WmB

Reply to
WmB