%$#% ebay snipers

Why would anyone bid when there are 5,7, 10 days to go? Waiting until the end is the only smart thing. Ebay should only have 3 day auctions,

Reply to
bigjim

try

it is free and very easy no bidding you just buy like a swapmeet

Jeff Barr> I'm gettin tired of Ebay snipers coming in with less than 5 seconds left

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

ebay is simple; you bid once and if you win, so be it. If not, the same item will usually show up again fairly soon. The emotional bidder, who makes multiple bids will not generally get a good deal.

If you are getting sniped and are annoyed by it, apparently you didn't bid what you were actually willing to pay. Next time, make your initial bid higher.

Another thought, when you've been sniped, it doesn't hurt to email the seller after an auction has closed and ask if they have another kit (whatever) stashed away, either.

FYI, I throw in bids all the time and probably lose 75%, or more, of auctions that I get into. I look for deals; if it's not to be had, I move on! Have fun; ebay is pretty cool.

---Stephen Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Or they're annoyed that someone else had the temerity to actually be willing to pay more than they wanted to...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Same here. However, there's a catch to all this. All too often, items end around 3 AM local time (US items and living in Europe will do that). My employer expects me to be awake when I show up for work, and getting up in the middle of the night to plink a kit is not helpful in that respect.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

"Bill Woodier" wrote in news:A9F_e.11098 $qC4.4538@trnddc02:

Whoa Bill!!

On

you say it has a lanyard of the Order Of The Orange. ahum.. its got nothing to do with oranges.

Its oficially called Order van Oranje-Nassau or, in english, Order Of Oranje-Nassau where Oranje-Nassau is the name of the Dutch royal family. Although Oranje is dutch for Orange (the color) AN orange (fruit) is called Sinaasappel over here (try to pronounce that one!) To make it easier: Orange juice is sinaasappelsap. (don't laugh!!)

being dutch I just had to put this straight.

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

Thanks for providing the proper term, Dennis. My cousin always just called it Order of the Orange or Orange Order. I just corrected it on the web page.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

........FYI, I throw in bids all the time and probably lose 75%, or more, of

My attitude exactly, I bid what I'm prepared to pay, if you win great, if you lose there's always next time.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

"Bill Woodier" wrote in news:wkW_e.24394$y64.15812@trnddc06:

Glad to be of any assistance. I must say that the Order of the Orange seems like a nice order too though. Don't know what it would be issued for, but it must be something good for you. ha.

Cheers

Reply to
me-me

I feel your pain Jeff.

I got sniped by some bastard on a Johan Chrysler turbine car MIB. It was the first issue, brown box edition . It was going for only $11.50. The bastard outbid me by only 5 cents with only 5 seconds on the clock! I think that needs to be outlawed.

The bastards!

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

In article , Al Superczynski wrote: : snipped-for-privacy@hidden.away

sniping is fun. get up against someone good and you've got a battle.

so the 80's dutch band was called Sinasappelslap? great band, wish i had their second lp.

Then you should have bid higher!

Reply to
frank

Awarded for consuming Vitamin C above and beyond the call of duty.

Reply to
Jim

Very good, grasshopper... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

today is flyswatter.

No, he didn't. It is the minimum bid increment that was 5 cents. He outbid you, but you have no idea by how much. It might have been $50, but the proxy bidding system takes it only as far over your bid as it needs to to meet the increment.

As for the kit itself, if you are a *Builder*, you can pick up a later issue of the Turbine Car that cheap every day and you know it as well as I do. You're just pissed off because you didn't get to snag it cheap and resell it to a 'Collector', so don't expect much sympathy here.

-- C.R. Krieger ('Collector' by accumulation ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

I think most of us who have a Turbine Car are collectors, by default. :/

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

But how many of you have had a ride in the real thing ?

My neighbor was a big whig and had one for a while Had to be one of the coolest cars ever for a young kid to ride around in !!!

I will never forget listening to Green Eyed Lady and riding around in that car with the top down :)

BTW I also have several of the kit's one an original.

AM

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Reply to
AM

no crying for you here should have bid more. if i really want something and i know its worth the money i bid like i want it.if someone else wants it there going to have to pay for it

Reply to
richardlwakeland