ebay=vulture club

ah yes, the infamous last gasp from ww2, das shiessmesser.

Reply to
someone

those bare ass kits are what provoked to make the cut n fit box.

Reply to
someone

Indeed, you are entitled to your opinion.

Mixing favours with money is something that needs to be carefully considered, and involves quite a bit of research and experimenting. At the end of the day, it is not realistic to make profit on each and every transaction---some transactions become lessons learnt, and are valuable in that regard.

Clearly, your astuteness as a businessman in dealing with clients is unimpeachable.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

damn, i'm cracking up! best thread all day.

Reply to
someone

Okay, I got spanked - let's all try to get over it. Some day I'll learn to control myself.

John

Reply to
jthmpson

will that wash off the rug?

Reply to
someone

` i wasn't laughing at you, honest. it was a really funny thread.

Reply to
someone

Probably better than a bottle of red enamel. Never knew there was that much paint in a bottle....

Reply to
frank

on 3/19/2009 11:03 PM (ET) frank wrote the following:

The bottles are specifically designed to increase the volume of paint when spilled, but minimize the amount when used in the proper manner. :-)

Reply to
willshak

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:9wFvl.55252$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-01.dc.easynews.com:

It took me a while and some accidents to find a really good way to mail built-ups. I started with just wrapping them in tissue paper and peanuts. I got too many complaints so I graduated to wrapping them in polyfibre, bagging them in ziplock bags and then applying peanuts. If nothing else, the bags helped keep the knocked-off parts with the model.

Re: E-bay; I quit them last July or August. Interestingly they provided me my reasons for quitting rather than letting me express how I really felt. I guess it keeps them from hearing unpleasant truths.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yeah. some russian asshole bid on my sabre auction when i clearly stated no foreign buyers. ebay wouldn't let me cancel his bid, charged me for the auction and allowed this retard to write the worst feedback. ruined my perfect record. and when i wanted to reply the 2 choices were, positive and leave feedback later. no chance to reply or negative him. f*ck ebay. ('scuse my reality.)

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:fXcFl.187537$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-02.dc.easynews.com:

That no negative feedback provision was my main sticking point. Fortunately I rarely had deadbeat buyers but there were a few. I really only ever had two negatives from buyers and both of them were 'special'. The first one seemed to be in a stupour when he finally did answer me. He dragged the whole thing out to two months before I gave up on him and left a negative for him. I should have waited another month since he responded with wild charges. We took the affair to arbitration and I was offered $10 over what his costs were and he'd remove his negative. Nothing ever showed up and six months later I gave him an ultimatum - pay by the 1st of the coming month or forget it. Nothing came.

My second negative was from a guy in a hurry. He posted it the same day his payment arrived here. Whilst it was in the negative category the actual message was "Where's my stuff?" My response was that it was unfortunate he'd used the wrong method to inquire and his stuff would be in the mail shortly. IIRC, I used the neutral state to answer him.

I don't recall any neutral feedbacks. Everybody else gave me positives and I met some nice people and tried out my rudimentary German writing to some of my buyers.

I quite enjoyed the 'old' E-bay experience and sent models and kits all over the world. It's a shame it's gone down the tubes.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yeah, well, i ditched ebay and paypal. they are both kiss the ass of the buyer and screw seller asswipes. be funny if there were a million buyers and no sellers.

Reply to
someone

Then where's a good place to flog kits? I have a bunch I want to get rid of, aircraft, anime and sci-fi for the most part....

Reply to
R. Franklin

try your local craig's list.

Reply to