Entex classic auto kits?

Can anybody tell me if these old Entex kits are any good? I'm talking about the early 1900 to mid 1900's autos. jim

Reply to
jimbol51

A long time ago I built the de Dion Bouton. It was much more detailed than the equivalent Aurora 1/16th autos. I'm not sure exactly who manufactured their auto kits but they were worth getting, IMHO.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

jimbol51 wrote: : Can anybody tell me if these old Entex kits are any good? I'm talking about : the early 1900 to mid 1900's autos. jim : I do not think they are "bad" kits. And, they are about the only kits of those particular subjects available, so you don't have a lot of choice in the matter.

Probably the biggest "problem" is the extensive chroming of the kits - you are going to wind up replacing much of it to get the parts cleaned up.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Entex ......... Some decent and some bad. They need extensive work. Fit is always a problem. The chrome parts are usually problems.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Any you can recommend Ron? jim

Reply to
jimbol51

Maybe this one:

ENTEX 1/16 SCALE 1939 JAGUAR SS100 CAR KIT (it's on ebay now)

If you want to work in this larger scale, you might look at the Minicraft 3 Wheel Morgan. That is a very nice build and a beautiful model. The Airfix 1/12 Bentley is a very nice kit if you can find one at a reasonable price.

Reply to
Count DeMoney