FA: 1/72 Fairchild C-119 "Flight of the Phoenix"

Italeri injected kit of the C-119 with a new decal sheet to model the plane from the movie Flight of the Phoenix.

Please look at:

Thanks,

Tom

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Tom

That is really interesting, but I remember the movie as having not a C-119 but its predecessor, the C-82. No kits of that available.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

I'm with you on the C-82 Norm - but what was used in the recent remake? (I did not bother seeing it)

Jack G

Reply to
Jack G

Yes it was a C-82 in the original movie.

But the remake with the c-119 is just an Outstanding Movie. They seemed to do an even better job this time around.

The whole of the Plot worked a lot better then I thougt it would have when word came out they were going to do a remake

Yesssss , a Really Great Movie.........

I only Wish they'd make it in 1/48 scale

... Carl ..........

,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

Huh?

In the remake, having so much more automated machinery, seemed to negate the "man overcoming great obstacles" aspect.

Giovanni Ribisi can't hold a candle to the always-excellent Hardy Krueger.

And we shan't even *try* to compare the (admittedly reliably good) Mr. Quaid....with Mr. Stewart.

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

(Greg Heilers) wrote: " In the remake, having so much more automated machinery, seemed to negate the "man overcoming great obstacles" aspect . "

They did a very good updated version of the original film. They were given "just" enough equipment to deal with the job. But they still had to DO all the work and had to learn to work together. That's the whole point of the film I would believe. Working with each other they can find a way to overcome almost any obstacle.

" Giovanni Ribisi can't hold a candle to the always-excellent Hardy Krueger. "

Nooo he Can't. But he still gives a very good performance in his own right even bleaching his hair to look more the part

" And we shan't even *try* to compare the (admittedly reliably good) Mr. Quaid....with Mr. Stewart. "

He didn't seem to try to duplicate what the Late Great Jimmy Stewart did in the part. Rather he used his acting talent to do his own rendition of what a true immoral actor had done. He pulled it off very cleanly too

OHHH - Nobody could duplicated Richard Attenburro's (spelling) "Laughing Scene" where he just "Lost It" which took place in the doorway of the plane. In my opinion. The same thing goes for Ernest Borgnines (spelling) Great performance. Or that of the British Commander either.

None of which were put into the re-make

Like I said All in All they did a Very Good Job and didn't ruin a Great Classic Film

,,