Figures with leopard pelt

OK i know this is probably not the best group to ask this question. I am looking for images of figures (54mm or bigger) with leopard / lion pelt.

Thanks in advance Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

Why not?

I'd be really surprised if some of the old Historex catalogs don't have a few. I'll take a peek at them later today.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Yeah, some officers in Napoleonic French cavalry units wore a leopard skin as part of their uniform.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Check Chuck Robinson's fantastic shop, and site:

Also, the Military Miniature Society of Illinois' website leads to photo galleries of their world reknown annual show:

Greg Heilers

Sorry I took forever. There are two pictures in there of leopardskin saddlecloths (is that the correct word?), but I'm not sure they'd be very helpful, as they're not very big (and thus not very detailed). I could run them through the scanner if it helps. Just curious though, what do you need them for?

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Well I am starting to paint a viking figure - but I want to paint hims as saracen muslim warrior :) I know that sounds ridicilous - but. The figure wears giejrbundu type helmet -

I was able to find some similar looking saracens. (I exception the saracen helments are rather pointed). But I have a problem with the fur that stics from under the chainmail. I thought that I could paint is as lepoard/tiger fur. So I would like to see some examples of such fur on figures. I guess that is going to be winter saracen. I checked that winters in Jerusalem are quite cold and blizzards are not uncommon.

Maciek

ps. I think if you send me the names / nubers of the figures with leopard saddlecloth I can try to find them online?

Reply to
Maciek

Actually, probably the *best* reference would be a good classical "two-dimensional" painting, by the great artists of the Victorian or Edwardian eras. Also, check the Osprey books, especially those with artwork by McBride, or Fosten (Those two come to immediate mind, though I know I am forgetting others.) The best way to figure out how to paint something in three dimesions, is to examine how a talented artist did it in two dimensions. Study all of their "tricks."

Reply to
Greg Heilers

This is probably a member of the Viking Varangian Guards that formed a mercenary army for the Byzantine Empire in the later Eastern Roman Empire. I assume he switched sides and joined up with the Islamic forces.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery