FS

I just posted more unbuilt and built 1/72 AC on ebay

cc

Some interesting stuff there. Curious though - why the high shipping ($10)? Any one of those sets can be sent priority mail for about $4, and for most of them you could combine two or three sets for that rate. Which brings to mind, you don't advertise that you combine shipping, if indeed you do.

Having sold (and bought) a lot of stuff on eBay myself, i have learned that reasonable shipping and allowing combined shipping increases bids significantly.

Since your feedback rating indicates you are fairly new at this, just a few tips for you for the next time (or if you want to revise those auctions now).

John

Reply to
John

i consider rip off shipping the kiss od death. i don't care how bad i want it, i won't pay stupid shipping.

Does that $4 include the cost of a sturdy shipping carton and packing material? I didn't think so.

He's got 39 current auctions. I very much doubt he has enough used boxes in suitable sizes for all of them, nor will he find that many sitting in a local business's recycling bin. If he visited a bunch of businesses, he

*might* eventually scrounge up enough boxes of the right size, but do you honestly believe he should waste several hours of his time driving around just to find 39 used boxes?
Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Reply to
Ron Smith

Some will fit in the flat rate shipping box and I stated that, some will not unless I crunch the model boxes up! I don't think that would be a good idea?....$8.10 I charge $1.90 for my time = $10.00. I have accumulated many "used" boxes for multiple shipping I shouldn't have to go dumpster diving! I was getting messages asking if I could combine shipping, and I said of course! The last 10 or so are the only ones without the flat rate boxes and I now state the following

I charge $5 packaging and handling charge over the actual shipping cost. The $5 charge would be for every package I build if it has 2 models or 15 models in the package. I haven't boxed the kits up yet because some bidders want to combine auction wins to save shipping costs. I use USPS for all my shipping. I am in zip 22556. Hope this helps.

Chuck

Reply to
cc

BINGO!

To respond to Mr Morris: I think he is simply using the USPS flat rate boxes - anything that fits, regardless of weight is one price for shipping. Those boxes are free also, but it is a VERY expensive way to ship light-weight objects!

On the other hand, if he is charging $10 shipping and NOT using flat rate, then that is a rip-off.

I really don't think this guy is being dishonest, just trying to point out that he is loosing potential bidders due to the high cost of his shipping. He seems to be doing it just for his convenience - every single auction of his has the same shipping.

He also might want to be aware that eBay is watching out for exhorbitant shipping fees. If they get enough complaints, he can get banned from eBay. They sent out a broadcast e-mail last week on this.

John

Reply to
John