George color question

I'm currently building the Aoshima early George (N1K1) and have used the White Ensign Kawanishi Green- it's definitely on the emerald green side and the kit paint guide says to use black green- which is correct?? I like their new paints, but it seems like we've gone from almost no choices to too many. Are there any guides anywhere that spell out what colors are appropriate for what?? Thanks.

Reply to
D. Duck

I've used Tamiya Japanese Navy Green (upper) and Japanese Navy Gray (lower) with good results.

The Old Timer