Glencoe Models

Are they still around or did they go out of business ? docfl

Reply to
docfl

Still limping along AFAIK. IIRC they recently reissued their Viscount.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I saw a few small salt flat racers in the local shops by Glencoe (I believe). They looked brand new. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Isn't Glencoe a injection molding company first and a model kit company second ? If memory serves me correctly they are a family run molding company. Nick Argento is an enthusiast that contacted Strombecker about some old molds they had languishing in oblivion. Right/Wrong ?

Cheers, Max B

Reply to
Max Bryant

the rolla, mo mom and pop had some. they had space stuff and i sbagged one.

I know they don't make the J-2F-4 (bi plane float a/c) "Duck" any more. I wanted to build another but they stopped making then back in the 90s. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

FWIW They reworked at least 4 of the old Aurora 1/48 scale W.W.I kits at one time, the Pfalz D.3, SPAD 13, Nieuport 28 and I forget what the fourth was (Hey, I'm 65, ya know). The kits were worth buying just for the decal sheets i they had in them. I junked the kits and kept the decal sheets to use with better kits.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Rob,

I think the "salt flats racers" kits you saw are the old Hawk kits, rerun by Testors (who owns the Hawk tooling).

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944

Still alive and kicking goto:

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Boot

Neither that address or glencoemodels.com works-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

That domain seems to be expired.

You could try asking on the space-modelers yahoo group, I think someone from Glencoe is on that list.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Nick Argento WAS, but I haven't been back there in about a year, ever since Yahoo sold my address to Spammers. I heard a rumor that he was injured in an auto accident, but don't know if its true or not.

The Old Timer