Gluing wings to fuselage

anyone tried gluing the top part of the wing to the fuselage separately? The wing root seam is one of the things that I just cannot get right. Thought maybe doing this would allow me to work with one seam at a time instead of the whole wing structure at once.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

i often glue the top half, dry overnight and then add the bottom. they often will line up and no putty is needed. i use tube glue so i can adjust and clamp where needed. some kits are the reverse and i glue the bottom first. dry fit and test, repeat until perfect.

Reply to
someone

The problem I usually find with wing-fuselage joints is that the wing has less thickness than the fuselage wing fillet. In this case I make a plastic spar that is taller than the distance between top and bottom of wing skin, to thicken wing. One has to clamp leading and trailing edges very well to get the wing to hold together while glue sets, but if you are not trying to thicken wing TOO much this frequently works. I seldom find wing too thick.

Reply to
Don Stauffer