Don't Glue While Distracted.

working on the 1/72 B-36 - intended to glue just one side of the wing spar and tape the fuselage together. got distracted and ended up gluing both sides of the spar to the fuselage with CA applied through the bomb bay. guess I could not tell what side I was working on. left it alone till this morning and found that I cannot separate the fuselage sides from the spar. I tried slicing along the seam with a knife, but CA flows along every surface so doubt that will work. I think I can stretch it open enough to get the cockpit stuff inside. Not building the bomb bay so that will not be a problem.

Why after so many bazillion years of modeling do we still make stupid mistakes....

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Go back to the hobby shop and get the cyano/superglue debonder. Fixes problems such as yours as well as gluing one's fingers together.... ; working on the 1/72 B-36 - intended to glue just one side of the wing

Reply to
Tom

First, get a bottle of debonder.

If not available, brush some acetone LIGHTLY over the seams, wait half a minute, and try to pry apart.

I don't know if freezing would work?!?

Good luck!

Reply to
El Viejo Dragon