Air: Airliner protective paints/stains

We've just discussed the pink zinc chromate on F4Us. Is there any standard choice for airliners in gear bays, etc.? I'm working on a lot of subjects and one of them is a (Airfix) Pan Am 727 in 1/144th. I also have other liners such as a BAC 111, Vickers Viscount & Vanguard and an Air France Concorde. I haven't started on most of these but I was hoping there was some standard finish as I haven't decided what they will end up painted as.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller