Vallejo Model Air Color Paints

I hate to admit it, but I must be leading a sheltered life. I just stumbled across Vallejo paints in an article. Has anyone had any experience with the Model Air Colors in their airbrush and what are your thoughts about these paints? I've heard that they have a fairly good reputation. Your opinions are appreciated as usual. Thanks.

Mike

Reply to
MGlantzMN

Very good IMHO. I thinned them with plain tap water. They do seem sensitive to correct thinning and pressure, but it was quite easy with some experimenting to find the ratio and pressure. Once this was found they covered beautifully and stuck like glue.

Anders "MGlantzMN" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m20.aol.com...

Reply to
Anders Svennevik

I haven't airbrushed with them yet, but they do cover well and are easy to use. They also appear to be relatively proof against drying out in the bottle, because of the way it's designed. I suspect they will build up in airbrush nozzles (at least for a Paasche VL, which is what I use,) based on how quickly they dry. I like the range of colors.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

My favourite combination is Gunze and alcohol. With this I never have any problems with paint building up in the nozzle. I tried thinning Vallejo with alcohol and with window cleaner, but it seemed to go lumpy so I discard the idea of airbrushing using these as thinners. Vallejo and water does build up in the nozzle, but fairly slowly, it's much better in this respect than, for example, Model Master which seemed to clog my airbrush almost immediately when trying to spray fine line, MM didn't clog as fast when spraying large areas.

Anders "Mark Schynert" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@nnrp02.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Anders Svennevik

Gents:

I would suggest trying a bottle of "Liquitex Low Viscosity Acrylic Airbrush Medium". I got it at a Michael's. Seems to slow the drying and improve the flow. I used it with original Poly-S paints, which are formulated for hand brushing, and they airbrushed very well. I was using both a Paasche H and one of the dreaded Aztec 4709 airbrushes.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey