Happy Birthday, Royal Air Force

90 years old today.

Formed on All Fool's Day, 1918. :-D No one in the RAF misses that irony!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Twice I was Guard Commander at RAF Brampton on 1 April...

First time, I gave 'em a bugle Reveille over the Station Tannoy at 05.45.

The second time, I assembled the oncoming shift with my offgoing shift and we gave a superb and lusty rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" over the Tannoy... Both shifts contained a fair number of the Station Rugby team!

As an Army WO2 working at an RAF Base, I got away with murder!

Happy days...

Reply to
Chris Hughes

If they were members of the station's rugby team, I'm surprised that they remembered the words to "Happy Birthday."

Reply to
Andy

Now, now. It's a *rugby* team. If the tune is simple enough, or obscene enough, they will learn it. Even more so if you offer them beer.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

Was the "abatross" motif an April fools gag too? ;o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim