Have Never Seen This Train Kit Before - New? Old?

I remember that one - middle-aged to old issue, I think...

Reply to
Rufus

For a ~real~ old timer, look for a Northwestern (or Nor-West) General. Available in HO I got one to build a diorama around. Maybe this winter. It came in either a whole train or individual cars and generally aren't too pricey.

Reply to
The Old Man

That AMT/Ertl logo is 1990ish, pretty sure the kit is older.

Reply to
eyeball

Wasn't it originally an MPC kit in '60s or so?

Reply to
frank

I have one that I built probably in the '80s. It has been disassembled because I was dissatisfied with the build, & I bought another whole kit at our local kit collectors expo for about $7. It's on my shelf to be built.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Sounds right...and I seem to recall it being one of the higher prizes from their Golden rewards tokens.

Reply to
eyeball

Goes back to MPC at least 1980. I'm thinking the '60s tho.

frank

From what I recall it came out in the late 1960s at about $12 for the kit when first released. Ah, the joy of waiting a few years if you have the space to store it!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to