Wells Iggy & me

I just scored a Wells mill.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%0516918729&ssPageName ­ME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123
Had to keep up with Iggy. I think he's keeping his on a trailer. I'm going to find a way to stuff this in my over packed shop.
Not as good a steal as my mag drill for $155 but a very fair price.
Karl
Add pictures here
βœ–
Karl Townsend wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%0516918729&ssPageName ­ME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123
$1075 ?!
Dayum. That is *nice*.
--Winston
Add pictures here
βœ–

Tis a violation of Winstons' Law. Both close and cheap.
Karl
Add pictures here
βœ–
Karl Townsend wrote:

I know when to 'look the other way'.
Congratulations!
:)
--Winston
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:57:42 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"

Musta beed holdin' your mouth right, Karl.
Any news on the greenhouse base?
βœ–

fabrication is done. It almost got dry enough to try mudding the whole thing together, then we got another inch of rain today. I've really got to get the skeleton assembled before winter and time is gettin short.
Karl
Add pictures here
βœ–
βœ–

Perhaps shouldn't admit this on a metalworking NG, I built "I" beams out of pressure treated 2 x 4s and plywood. The beams are 50' long by 24" high. I should be able to just put a log chain on, hook to the tractor, and drag the entire house where ever its needed each year.
Karl
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:19:31 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"

Only one question: How will you keep them _bone_dry_? (That's the only way they'll stay together and/or last for years.)
βœ–
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:33:37 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

Decent mill, good price.
Now the big question is...do you have a full set of B&W #9 collets?
I might be able to set you up.
Gunner
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Add pictures here
βœ–

I could use this. Email me
remove the .NOT
Add pictures here
βœ–

With DRO? You dog, you! Some Wells machines came with R8, and Wells will also regrind spindles to R8 for a healthy fee.
Mine has a double angle collet chuck, and all the rest of the accessories have straight shanks. You lose a little travel, admittedly...
--Glenn Lyford
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:33:54 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

Lets find out if your mill is B&S #9 or not.
Many of them are. Many are R8
Email addy saved
Gunner
IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth.
Add pictures here
βœ–

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%0516918729&ssPageName ­ME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123
Very good deal!
βœ–

Wow! Let me know if you need a bucket of grey paint... Honest Al Babin Bristol-Shubunkin, Conn
Add pictures here
βœ–
very nice
Add pictures here