Wells Iggy & me

I just scored a Wells mill.

Had to keep up with Iggy. I think he's keeping his on a trailer. I'm going to find a way to stuff this in my over packed shop.

Not as good a steal as my mag drill for $155 but a very fair price.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

$1075 ?!

Dayum. That is *nice*.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Tis a violation of Winstons' Law. Both close and cheap.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Decent mill, good price.

Now the big question is...do you have a full set of B&W #9 collets?

I might be able to set you up.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I know when to 'look the other way'.

Congratulations!

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I could use this. Email me

remove the .NOT

Reply to
Karl Townsend

With DRO? You dog, you! Some Wells machines came with R8, and Wells will also regrind spindles to R8 for a healthy fee.

Mine has a double angle collet chuck, and all the rest of the accessories have straight shanks. You lose a little travel, admittedly...

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:57:42 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend" scrawled the following:

Musta beed holdin' your mouth right, Karl.

Any news on the greenhouse base?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Very good deal!

Ignoramus10802

fabrication is done. It almost got dry enough to try mudding the whole thing together, then we got another inch of rain today. I've really got to get the skeleton assembled before winter and time is gettin short.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Lets find out if your mill is B&S #9 or not.

Many of them are. Many are R8

Email addy saved

Gunner

IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ix?MRËRÛ0Ýû+Î ?ÄMSX@h§??? ? Û?[7Hr

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wow! Let me know if you need a bucket of grey paint... Honest Al Babin Bristol-Shubunkin, Conn

Reply to
Honest A Babin

very nice

Reply to
erik litchy

Perhaps shouldn't admit this on a metalworking NG, I built "I" beams out of pressure treated 2 x 4s and plywood. The beams are 50' long by 24" high. I should be able to just put a log chain on, hook to the tractor, and drag the entire house where ever its needed each year.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:19:31 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend" scrawled the following:

Only one question: How will you keep them _bone_dry_? (That's the only way they'll stay together and/or last for years.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques