Help ! Need old Matchbox kits canopies !

Hello reader.
I've won an Ebay auction on three Matchbox kits: A P-51, a MiG-21 (not the
retooled kit but the NMF one... PFS or early PFM versions I guess) and a
Ju-188. The seller stated that the kits "all appeared untouched". Well, this
isn't true. Some part have been (badly) painted. Worst, the MiG-21 doesn't
have the proper canopy in the box and the Ju-188 came with no clear parts at
all, nor with the instruction leaflet :-( Do you have them ? If so, would
you be able to part with them (even if they're messed up) or send me
vacuformed copies of them ? I'd really appreciate that.
Thank you for reading.
Laurent, victim of Matchbox nostalgia
Reply to
Laurent Stern
"Laurent Stern" wrote in news:bfn3kb$bpt$ snipped-for-privacy@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr:
Who was your seller?
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
True of most Matchbox kits. I mean, I can understand a Sisken or a Privateer, but a Matchbox Mustang?
Reply to
Tom Cervo
Peter, I doubt that Revell would send me the entire clear parts sprue, specially if I don't send them any proof of purchase. Thank you for the suggestion.
Laurent
"Peter Baxter" a écrit dans le message news: Xns93C1C33A675DBpjbaxterhotmailcom@199.45.49.11...
Reply to
Laurent Stern
Hello Frank, The seller's Ebay pseudonym is zzcizz. I think that this person isn't a crook (almost perfect feedbacks) but that he may not be used to selling model kits. I supposed he didn't check what he sent me. However, he should have stated that the kit are started. Since he doesn't reply to my mails, I shall leave him a negative feedback.
Laurent
"Gray Ghost" a écrit dans le message news: Xns93C1E23E75F2FWereofftoseethewizrd@206.127.4.25...
Reply to
Laurent Stern
They almost certainly will. Revell-Germany has one of the best parts replacement services of all the kit manufacturers.
See
for further info.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
Thanks Al. I'll give it a try.
Laurent
"Al Superczynski" a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Reply to
Laurent Stern
I'd just about bet the MiG-21 has their Mirage canopy. About 20 odd years ago I bought the MiG-21 & found that it had the Mirage canopy. The way I knew it was for a Mirage was because I had the old Lindberg snap-fit Mirage & except for the snap-on pin, the Matchbox canopy was perfect & nearly identical. I wrote away to them & they indeed sent a replacement canopy. Another Mirage canopy!!
Reply to
Frank May
"Laurent Stern" wrote in news:bfp86k$tln$ snipped-for-privacy@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr:
You really have to watch with folks who clearly are "model" folks. They look in a box and see a pile of plastic. Some times you get a great deal, sometimes not.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
The seller answered to my last mail. He's said he could answer to my previous mails because he was gone for week. He accepts the idea of a refund.
Laurent
"Gray Ghost" a écrit dans le message news: Xns93C2E626F921FWereofftoseethewizrd@206.127.4.25...
Reply to
Laurent Stern