Help!!! Which F-15 is Little Einstein's Big Jet?

Hello aviation enthusiasts,

I'm not a regular reader of these groups but I'm desperate to find out some info on an F-15 model. My 4-year-old son watches Disney's Little Einsteins show, which has a character called Big Jet. There's no toy for it yet and I'm hoping to buy a model and repaint it to look the same.

(no affiliation) has tons of them but my son has pointed out some special features that to him are crucial. There appear to be two long tubular protrusions running parallel lengthwise along the bottom of the ... fuselage? They start about halfway along and continue to the tail end. They look like someone split loaves of baguettes lengthwise and stuck the flat sides onto the bottom of the plane. Does anyone know what I'm describing? Any suggestions you may have which models to look for would be such a help. I suspect other parents of toddlers out there will want this info too!!

Thanks again, Pora

Reply to
pora

No pictures to be found, but from the description it's nothing that exists on a real F-15 just something the show's model-maker stuck on to make it look distinctive.

Reply to
Thomas Schoene

Almost, kinda-sorta sounds like conformal fuel tanks, but I may have misunderstood.

snipped-for-privacy@changsworld.com wrote:

Reply to
frank

I went off to the DIsney "Little Einsteins" web site and found a small "Big Jet". It is, as I expected, a fairly primitive animation but the plane does bare a strong resemblence not to an F-15 but a Soviet Su 27 or MiG 29: the big tubes along the bottom are the engine housings where on an F-15 it's flush between them. "Big Jet" also seems to have the IR search & track ball infront of the cockpit. I'ld hate to pick between the two based on the little picture I found in the one game. Show your kid those two jets on the web and see which he thinks it is.

Reply to
John Keeney

By God! I believe it's the MiG 29! You're an absolute gem! I'm going to ask Dan when he gets up in 4 hours, but the pictures on this page definitely look right.

Those engine housings are exactly what he's been drawing in all his pictures -- and yelling at me because I'm not putting them in mine!! If you're right I owe you a cake.

Pora

Reply to
pora

I believe it is the Mig-29 too. Besides, I don't think the Disney Co. would use an F-15 as a bad guy. :-)

Reply to
willshak

why not? we've seen everything from b-17's to cessna's bomb pearly harbor on the history channel.

I think that was only a tiny problem you just served, Pora. The big problem? You may have a burgeoning Communist conspirator on the rise!!!!!!!! (Good luck with your project!)

Cheers.

Reply to
PosterBoy

Little Dan has *confirmed* the MiG 29 is the right jet! Jackpot!!! Thanks Bill for concurring. It never hurts to get another expert opinion. I've already ordered a model to repaint.

When I realized that both suggested planes were Soviet, I cracked up. The cartoon has a distinctly retro/1950's feel. Who would think that they would incorporate the Cold War too?

Gotta spread the word to other parents.

Pora

Reply to
pora

Smilin' Jack brought up to the future. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to