Where is everybody?

Checking in after a year's absence and find this once busy group deserted.

Guess all that political crap finally drove everyone away?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

And the religious zealot who changes his subject/e-mail every time he posts so filtering it impossible.

Of course, then you get the clucks in here who just HAVE to reply to such crap!!!!

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

Hey Roger! Its been a long time since I've seen you post here. Things have been very quiet for at least a few months now even though most of the posting has been on topic and drama of any type has been very limited. How is your new layout coming along? I've made some progress with the TMRR. Slow but steady. In the past seven or eight months I've completed the bench work, backdrops, valance, the wiring for the lights and about half of the light fixtures. The rest of the lights will go real quick but I have to buy them yet. I built my valance like a furdown so I could run the wire for the lights inside it. I have some nice birch sheets and wood trim to finish the valance and fascia with. Once that's up and stained it should really look good. I'm working from top to bottom more or less. After the lighting, over head paint, backdrop paint and valance are finished I'll start on the track work, scenery forms, under the benchwork finish and finished floors. I've hardly done a thing on the layout for about three weeks now and probably won't do much until the fall. My air unit quit and its miserable hot out there in train shed during the Texas summer. I bought a window type heating and air unit but have to install it in a wall and I haven't been motivated to cut out and frame up an opening for it yet or run the wire. I'm just going to take a break for a while and work on a few models in cool comfort at the dining room table. It may seem like slow progress but I've done more in the past eight months than I have in the five years since we bought this place. Its like a blazing fast pace to me. Bruce

"Roger T." wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@grapevine.islandnet.com...

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

The religius loonys didn't help either. Of course i don't bother replying to the loonies and cranks and obvious flame bait anyway. With all the garbage deleted there hasn't been much of interest for this N scaler to reply to.

cat

Reply to
cat

Hey, maybe Mark Newton and Terry Flynn finally had a real duel and were both mortally wounded! :-) That would account fro a big part of the missing noise.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Roger=A0T. wrote: Checking in after a year's absence and find this once busy group deserted. Guess all that political crap finally drove everyone away?

I'm still here.

Glad to see you back, Roger. Let's hope things pick up soon.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:

Bill

Funny, I never saw any of his posts, only the dingalings who responded to him. One of my filters caught him - maybe the crossposting one?

I suspect summer is responsible for some of the diminished volume, but it appears to be more than that. I hope things improve, I've always enjoyed this group.

Reply to
lgb

Yeah, maybe, since the postings were sent to virtually the entire Usenet accessed by his server. Crossposting to 85,000 newsgroups is most definitely 'bad form'.

Well it's not summer everywhere, you know, and the Antipodean faction has a rather vocal presence in this group. But, they are silent as well. It's quiet everywhere actually. I belong to a number of list servers and yahoo groups as well as having access to the Usenet. All of them are way off in volume.

Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

"Bruce Favinger"

Hi Bruce.

Nothing at all on the new layout I'm afraid. My wife and I are still hoping to move but finacially it's not turning out the way we hoped. Rather than tear the existing layout down, I've decided to wait until we're more certain of plans.

[Snip]

Great to hear that at least one of us is making progress. :-)

Do you have a website?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Roger, Could be that folks are working on their layouts again and spending less time in front of the PC. HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

I'm just sitting observing until something interesting comes along. :^)

Regards, Greg.P. N.Z.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Roger, No website. Maybe someday though as my wife is thinking about doing some kind of family site. As long as she is willing to mess with it and not stick flowers and stuff like that all over the place it would be fine with me.

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

I think the ISPs have added better filters. Most/all of the religious stuff I never see only the responding posts.

Reply to
Jon Miller

The sun finally came out here in Indy so we're playing in the yard lately. In a few weeks, when the temp+humidity are > 175 we'll go back inside and play with trains.

Reply to
Dana Miller

Reply to
G.M.

Hey, Roger the T.

I check in here every couple days and it seems a lot tamer than it was in the old days. The majority of the threads actually seem to have to do with trains...Imagine that.

Hope things work out for you with the new house . . .

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1969 In HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy