Hobby Shops Not Getting Better for Model Kits

Was in State College,Penna,over memorial weekend,& Nittany Hobby is getting bare in the model kit section.Visited around a year ago 7 the shelves had the same kits,depressing.

Reply to
teem

I'll bet the beer distributors don't have that problem.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Our only shop owner has realized that plastic does count. Mainly an r/c shop when he opened 3-4 years ago, he got stuck with a load of air r/c. His plastic prices are now better than Hobby Lobby, e'tailers or megamart and a much better selection. He has even gone back through and reduced prices on the kits that are left from his original price levels. Soon to go online, he is going to have an old kit selection also.

Check the place out from time to time:

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

We have a brand new Hobby Lobby (opened Monday). There model shelves were more than half empty. The manager told me that about half what he ordered was cancelled. He felt the warehouse was light because it was summer and most kit buying gets done in the fall and winter......

Reply to
Count DeMoney

That's nothing new. There was shop at the bottom of my road in the 1960's sold - what to us in the UK - were frighteningly expensive kits by Monogram and Aurora. Never saw anyone actually buy them, just Airfix and Frog. The same kits were in the window for years and years, possibly until the shop was finally demolished. He even had boxes by a firm called Kitmaster who had gone into liquidation years earlier.

The guy who ran the shop was a sarcastic bastard too, he took the piss out of me once because I couldn't pronounce the name of a Japanese plane correctly. I was only 10 years old at the time.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Go to Hobbytown USA on the way to the Pgh Int. Airport at the Robinson Town Center. They've been getting the newly released model kits for quite awhile.

Reply to
Prof Plastic

That's ahell of a lead,i'm in ohio,but only 2 from pittz.thank you.

Reply to
teem

This Hobytown,is it righ off I279,or whatever pasees by PIA?,probably follow the signs,right?.

Reply to
teem