Homemade decals

Ok, guys (and gals, if any are here). I've just ordered some stuff from Micro-Mark to try something new, and I thought I'd ask for a little input of experience. I want to dabble in making my own decals for custom nose art, etc., so I ordered decal paper for ink jet printers and some sort of fixative spray. Anybody have any comments or suggestions before I start? Good or bad? Clues on font, etc., for WW2 era planes?

Thanks

Sean

Reply to
Sean

I tried it 3 or 4 years ago,and it may have changed since then,but...the decals were super thin...need to be layered in most cases.And depending on the quality of your printer,they may not look very sharp my 2 cents...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Sean at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMlycos.com wrote on 8/26/03 2:53 PM:

Several kinds of paper are on the market now. I've tried the paper from Bare Metal Foil for Ink Jet Printers and didn't particularly care for it. Paper from SuperCal seems to work better. All of it is more expensive than I would like but... I don't have access to a color laser printer.

Some ink jet printer inks aren't very "fast" and they will fade in a matter of weeks, especially the reds, if they are subjected to very much UV.

HTH

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell