Hot climate only british figures ??

anyone know if these hot weather uniforms were worn in the ETO, besides Italy.... how was the summer in France in 1944?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

I suspect these would be O.K. for India and the Near East, possibly Malaya before the surrender, but not for Burma France and Germany was battledress.

Cheers,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

Hi there.

The Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. III rifles in the Mini Art kit are the wrong type for British ytoops in Europe in 1944 when they were using the No.

4 Mk. 1 Lee-Enfield rifle.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Sir Ridesalot

I would have thought by 1944 they would have been using Sten-guns rather than rifles?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote in news:9b- dnWnoh8fK_H snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Stens were not for everybody. The main weapon of the British soldier until the mid 50s was the trusty Lee Enfield. The .303 has a bit more of a thump than a 9mm and reaches further.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

can't see a mad minute in a sten, not with aimed, good shots, anyway.

Reply to
someone

can't see a mad minute in a sten, not with aimed, good shots, anyway.

Reply to
Chris Hughes