Hot climate only british figures ??

anyone know if these hot weather uniforms were worn in the ETO, besides Italy.... how was the summer in France in 1944?
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/figures/mini/kit_mini_35071.shtml
thx - Craig

I suspect these would be O.K. for India and the Near East, possibly Malaya before the surrender, but not for Burma France and Germany was battledress.
Cheers,

Moramarth

Hi there.
The Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. III rifles in the Mini Art kit are the wrong type for British ytoops in Europe in 1944 when they were using the No. 4 Mk. 1 Lee-Enfield rifle.
Cheers from Peter
Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I would have thought by 1944 they would have been using Sten-guns rather than rifles?
(kim)

Stens were not for everybody. The main weapon of the British soldier until the mid 50s was the trusty Lee Enfield. The .303 has a bit more of a thump than a 9mm and reaches further.

can't see a mad minute in a sten, not with aimed, good shots, anyway.
The Sten would only have been carried by the section or platoon leaders, unless they too carried the No 4 to avoid drawing attention to themselves (similar to some wiser officers in WW1 who wore soldiers tunics and carried Lee Enfields instead of pistols).