How Do I Read ABMS?

Hey y'all!

My ISP has flat out refused to carry the alt.binaries newsgroups for valid security reasons. I've been reading rms throug google newsgroups. I'd REALLY like to see some of the stuff on ABMS and now that I have the free time during summer, I might be able to post some pics m'se'f.

Do you guys have any other sources that I could use to read the newsgroup and also post to it, besides buggy the living hell out of my ISP? Do any other news reader places support it? I had tried to find the back up of ABMS that's held at one of the IPMS sites but fouldn't find it. Any ideas there?

Thanks in advance folks! :)

-andy

ObModelingTopic: I've JUST gotten back from Guam and have delved quite deeply into my first kit since returning. I'm building all three of my F-100 kits at the same time! The Hasegawa as a sidewinder armed for CAP, the ESCI single seater as a CAS, and the F version as a Wild Weasel I variant. All in SEA camo.

Reply to
Drew Hill

You could Google up "free usnet servers" and poke around until you find one that serves a.b.m.s. You probably won't be able to post to it directly through most (any?..) free servers, but it will alow you to read the NG anywhere and you can always use your ISP's mail service to post indirectly.

I find setting up read-only accounts for NG's using free servers handy of off-net use with my laptop. At least I can peek in.

Reply to
Rufus

Try Forté's APN. Cheap, and reliable since it's sourced from Supernews:

Reply to
Al Superczynski

any commercial nsp will offer binaries.

You can subscribe to news.sbxmodelshop.co.uk a free news server provided by a model shop in the UK ,it provides a free service to view rec.models scale ,abms and a couple of aircraft and military binary groups.

or try Teranews which I am using right at this moment ,I think the link will be on the bottom of this post . They provide a free news server which will allow acces to all news groups .

Cheers.

Reply to
bluey69

And version 4 will be even better. Trust me... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski