How do you keep your models ?

Hi everyone

My wife and I often discuss how other modelbuilders keep their models after finishing them. This Christmas she gave me a wondelfull glass case for my models. But we would both be happy to se some pictures of how others keep the work after finishing it.

Nanna & Per

Reply to
Per Kristensen

I have 4,6 foot glass cases,one with a mirrored back.

Reply to
Ajsandusky

Some years ago a guy had plans for a 5 ft. cabinet. I got them and had a uncle of mine build it for me. It has 9 shelves of varying height. Eric There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want. Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Reply to
Eric

Usually, they end up a Christmas gifts. Or they are sold to the "collectors" at the shows (if I am fortunate). If not, they often find themselve on "permanent loan" to the local hobby shop's display case. (If they were to remain with ME...they will undoubtedly eventually get broken....lol).

Reply to
Greg Heilers

my wife would love for me to get rid of them,.our playroom has become the plane- room,.with my so far 175 built models taking up space on 3 book cases,2 shelfs,1 computor desk/bookcase,and tv wall unit,radiator cover, ceiling ,etc. taken over by my1/48th , a/c ,x-planes ,1/40th oop rockets / missiles kits

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Reply to
Grandpa

I just don't tell my wife where they are.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111

Yes. Most of mine are in the witness protection program.

WmB

WmB

Mine are on shelves in the basment, on the mantle in the den. My wife is muttering something behind me. Their on the book cases in the living room. My wife's mutering is getting louder. Their on the chest of drawers in the bed room and in the closet. My wife is muttering "no their not". Im going to go take a look now. See ya later guys.

Reply to
ARMDCAV

I keep mine on book shelf without glass. jw73

jw73

One tall glass display cast with six shelves houses 22 models.

An open front antique Latin American breakfront family heirloom (my work area is the matching dining room table houses a combination of aviation memorabilia, Disney aircraft-oriented stuff, Peter Pan stuff and seven models.

Five are quake waxed on the top shelf, a Corgi S.61 Marine One in open display and a Roden PKZ-2 in a plastic display box from The Container Store. That thing would be almost as much of a nightmare to clean as it was to build and rig.

Oh, the office also has a computer armoir that is planned as a model work space but currently houses a dozen started projects and some modeling and aircraft books that get the most use. The rest of the MAI Library takes up both side walls of the garage, 2/3 of the rear wall and a large rolling book case (compliments of the dump behind Borders). Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Well......I build mostly 1/26,26 scale cars and trucks and have them all displayed in display cases. Some on my desk...one on the tv....one on each of my stereo speakers. I do have 2 big shelves hanging in my room with the USS New Jersey on one and the American LaFrance Snorkel on the another. I also have a 3 shelf stereo rack sitting next to my modeling workbench with a couple of models on it. I also store some in boxes and rotate them every now and again.

Mangry

Reply to
Mangry

Currently? In boxes, sitting in Mum's garage and Dad's lounge room. Eventually? I'll build a BIIIG display case in MY front room - and any interfering women can go to ...

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Sounds like I oughta check Border's dumpster frequently. :) Mine are downstairs (basement) on steel shelving. Yes, they get dusty, but not nearly as dirty as they used to in the previous basement.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

staples and office max too. toss in circuit city.