I love my hobby

Just thought you should know that. :-D

I've finished a 1/48 Spitfire XII today and I'm particularly pleased with it.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Enzo very nice. Do you have any pictures that we could see of your finished model? jim

Reply to
jimbol51

What the heck is a finished model?

Reply to
crw59

It's like paraphrasing a line from and old B & W horror movie - "Finishing a model and visiting New York City - Something everybody should do once - but not twice"

In the movie The Giant Gila Monster" the line was "Buying a new car and visiting New York City .....

Reply to
Val Kraut

Oh, I see we have another fan here of the finest works in science fiction movies...I'll see your Giant Gila Monster and raise you a Killer Shrew. :-D It will look a lot like a dog in a shrew suit, but I'll raise it none the less.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

While Plan Nine from Outer Space was probably the worst sci fi flick ever made, my personal favorite bad sci fi movie was Invaders From Mars (IIRC the title). The invaders were huge eyeballs with tiny bodies and hands with fingers incorporating syringes filled with deadly poison. One of them got messed up by a car and the hand kept on trying to kill people. Every time it was about to plunge the needle into the lovely heroine's neck the car sped up or turned and the hand fell into the back seat.

There was also a bull who took on the critters. Turns out that the liquid in the needles was mostly alchhol and they couldn't kill the bull, just made him a sloppy drunk.

I love crappy old movies. My favorite of all time would have to be Greaser's Palace. Anybody else ever see it?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Glad to see somebody's finished something...I don't think I've even touched one since I went back to work...

Reply to
Rufus

I touched one, I touched one! The 1/100 Phantom is now securely joined and some seams have been smoothed. That came to a premature end when the son and grandson walked up for a visit. Kids! Don't see them for weeks and then they stop by whilst I'm having some rare fun. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just tell yourself that you love them anyway; repeat until you believe it

Reply to
Andrew M

"Does this move?" "Not till now." ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Or as my uncle said one day when he shook a model apart whilst looking at my collection, "You really ought to build them better than that!" (Sigh)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh yes!. Alan Arkin naked, and the exploding outhouse scene. Priceless!!

My favorite low budget/cheap/bad sci -fi though is Attack of the Mushroom people. Dubbed Japanese import from the late 60's or early 70's. Was a standard for Elvira during her run on TV.

Reply to
Jon Statsinger

Jon Statsinger wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ummmmm, Elvira. And the twins. Adolescent fantasy. Yum.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost