Info / pics. of ID Models C5 Galaxy.

Hi group

Where can I find information about this model? What I know is that it is a vacform model in scale 1:72. But then I don't know any more. Does anybody have pictures of this model, or better has built it?

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Since (and possibly still) produced by the people who do Delta Decals under the name "Delvac", with decals and metal undercarriage.

Not built mine, not sure where I'd put it if I did.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

FSM had it on a cover long time back. I think Paul Boyer was the builder and maybe did a workbench review

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

"Jonathan Stilwell" skrev i en meddelelse news:d4rn79$cfb$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

Will look, for sure!

Well, since I haven't got one (yet) I don't have that problem (yet).

No problem! My wife would demand a divorce, so I'll get plenty of space to put it. No, seriously, that is the greatest problem for us modellers, I think.

But on has to dream of something :-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

ID Models ceased trading around1999 - I know because I ordered their 32nd scale Swordfish vacform and was told that it was one of the last kits left! In the case of something as big as the C-5, models would be moulded to order and are unlikely to be stocked by dealers. The moulds are probably still in existence somewhere, but I've never heard of anybody acquiring them.

Chek Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

What, like the Heavykits 1:72 Hughes Hercules?

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

"Jonathan Stilwell" skrev i en meddelelse news:d4tsco$tt1$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

Looks like a lot of fun to build :-) But that one will for sure lead to a divorce, so I'll pass :-(

But the website looks kinda outdatet. Last updated in 2004, we in denmark write 2005 now ;-) And a lot of constuction on the site.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Indeed. Unfortunately it seems to go have been going downhill over time. When it first appeared it promised the Hercules plus kits of the An-124, An-225 and others. The guy is selling off the first batch of the Hercules on e-Bay, vac-form only, no engines, transparencies, etc. I hope he does make a success of it, I would like to see the An-225 in a

1:72 kit. Not sure I could afford the money or space, though.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell