Is the interior of a B-17E different than a B-17F?

Just wondering what differences there are between an B-17 "E" interior and an "F" interior (I'm thinking about purchasing the Legend 1/72 B-17F interior detail set for a B-17E project).

Also, if someone could point me towards any interior photos of the "E", I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Reply to
Pauli G

Detail & Scale Vol 2 has several interior shots of the -E model. They look essentially the same as the -F. The pics show the waist position looking both forward and aft, the cockpit, the nose compartment looking forward and aft and the radio room looking forward and aft. To me the nose compartment looks "more different" than the rest.

There's also the statement that "the bomb bay remained virtually the same throughout the entire B-17 series".

HTH

Peter O Remove the obvious rant to email

Reply to
Peter Johnson