Jet flight in mountains video

Regarding the earlier post about this video did anyone get the answer to the question of who was the artist and what was the song at the start of the clip?

yellowwolf

Except for the Wagner, no

But thanx for posting awsome video !! Shame the res wasnt higher, thats what I got broadband for ;-)

Reply to
AM

I can't get this to play, what program are you using? I've tried Winamp and Windows Media Player, neither of which seem to recognize the .asf file. Scott Wilson

Reply to
avnav526

See if you can grab it by using the direct link to the file:

Greg Heilers

Reply to
Scott R. Wilson

Yes. It looks like a lice bit of computer animation.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Only recognised the Wagner " The Ride of the Valkyries"... Looked like Mirage 2000's of the Swiss Air Force? The Matterhorn definitely appeared in one sequence!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

The noses looked more like Mirage 5s, but the canards threw me. Perhaps they're those updated Mirage NGs that Dassault was trying to sell in place of Mirage 2000s? There was at least one F-5E in there during one of the air combat sequences.

Reply to
Jeff C

Jeff C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If they're Swiss and have canards they'll be the upgraded Mirage IIIS/IIIRS the Swiss retired a couple years ago.

Reply to
Drewe Manton

when I 1st viewed the video I had the impression they were Kfirs but couldn't see any markings to ID the A/C the canards are what I kept going back to?

Reply to
Daryl

Daryl wrote: [SNIP]

I have to add that they look like SAAB Gripens to me, the intakes look too square for Mirages.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

Right near the end you can clearly see the Swiss roundel on the tail of one of the mirages. Since the Swiss did not fly Kfirs, they have to be one of the several species of Mirage...

Reply to
Jeff C

Era

Enae Volare Mezzo I ened up buying the CD that the song's on because of that video.

Ted

Reply to
hoosierhick2

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:36:39 -0800, Jeff C was heard to screech:

I saw a rego, J-2308 and punched it into the airliners.net search engine.

was the result. Dassault Mirage III S Switzerland - Air Force

Carsten Bauer numloxx ON iinet dot net dot au Photography and Aviation Change the ON to AT to reply

Reply to
Carsten Bauer

I got the impression that there are some Grippens in the mix.

Reply to
Rufus

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:01:26 GMT, Rufus was heard to screech:

Well that's just one of the aircraft identified. I'm looking for the original video, which will be higher res than this, then i'll be able to identify all aircraft types.

Carsten Bauer numloxx ON iinet dot net dot au Photography and Aviation Change the ON to AT to reply

Reply to
Carsten Bauer

Hey, ya get the original video, please share with us please if possible ?

TIA :)

Reply to
AM

The aircraft appeared to be Mirages & F-5E's, They were Siwss, which flies both types. Some of the Mirages appear the have the canard modification (I think called Cheetah mod).

Reply to
Stanley Parker

Funny...I think that most of the shots in the video are of/from Kfir aircraft...some of what appear to be Mirages have canards, some do not. They are most likely Mirage IIIS aircraft:

And I'm leary now of my initial ID of Grippens in the mix...the intakes aren't square enough, and I can't make out the boat tail of the JAS-39's exhaust nozzle. So I'll rule them out.

I can also observe F-5's, and there are some radio calls about shots at Hornets, but I don't think they actually appear in the video.

So my tally is Mirages, and F-5's...all Swiss from the look of things.

Reply to
Rufus