JU88

Is the Revell / Italeri JU88 kit from the same mold? Throw the Airfix kit into the equation, and which is the better early version of the aircraft?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

The Revell kit might be the one from the sixties; a servicable kit but not a current or contest quality kit. The Italaerie kit is fairly modern; done in the nineties if I remember correctly. Since Revell has been known to re-box Ital kits they might box that kit but I don't think it's happend yet.

The Airfix kit is from the sixties (or maybe e ven fifties!) as well. It's got lovely retractable gear! If you're looking for a modern kit of the A-4 try one of the Italaerie boxings. Frog also made an antique that's floating around, usefull if you're trying to make the -P. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

My first 88 was the Frog kit. The ventral gondola is really useless. The Airfix has some of the same features as the Revell but the canopy parts are much thicker. All of the 88s in my collection are Revell. Also, Revell re-boxed the Italeri Ju 188 at one time here in the US. I've never seen the Italeri 88 outside of a box so I can't comment on it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

who has the matchbox 1988 molds. it's some work, but builds nice looking.

Revell. Wanna bet they never return?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Revell AG owns the Matchbox Ju 188 molds and re-issued it in the late nineties with new box art. I think they re-issued some of the FROG molds in Matchbox packaging around then as well. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy (Keeper) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com:

Then what is in the new RoG Ju88 boxes. I have the old Revell Ju88 and the Frog and the Italeri. I looked at a recent issue (will get another chance tonite at the club meeting). It wasn't the old Revell kit (or so I thought. And it sure wasn't the Italeri.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

i just look innocent. glad i have a few stashed away. they were $1.29 when i bought then in the late 70's. pricey and i never went back to that shop.

Let's talk kit numbers. I've got 04130; it's the sixties kit. It's got engines and bearers, external bombs, a cockpit that attaches underneath the fuselage and it's tagged as an A-4/D-1. Lemme know... Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Funny how that seemed pricey, isn't it? I remember balking at buying some Matchbox Viggens because they went up from $2.50 to $6.99. I'm glad I sucked it in and went for them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

i just found a walrus for $7. replace the one you sold me that i did not build prefectly. yours was actually a good learning expirience, my nephew displays it proudly so it did not go to waste. i do wish i had bought more of the match box's in general. pricey... ain't that a relative term now?

It's not the first of my models to go to a relative. :)

Glancing through the new Squadron flyer today and I couldn't believe what some outfits are getting for their 1/72 kits. I think there may be a half dozen Hasegawas within reason (mine).

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak