Khaki?

Tamiya and Polyscale is what I have used. Check the hobbylinc page below or just tgo to hobbylinc.com and search on Khaki. Hope this helps
Count DeMoney
Anything you lke. Khaki is not a specific colour but a whole range of colours, a bit like terracotta.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
As suggested already, "khaki" is a very generic term, just like "curry." It would probably be best to experiment and mix your own color, to suit the specific subject. For uniforms, I like to mix black+orange. This gives a very good starting point.
Reply to
Greg Heilers
Ahhh..here is an article which might be of some use:
http://p2.hostingprod.com/@mmsichicago.com/article_khaki_jim_holt.html
Reply to
Greg Heilers
on 10/21/2007 9:31 AM Count DeMoney said the following:
I'll have to wait on that. The shipping will be more than the price of one bottle. I'm going to check for those brands the next time I need a bunch of refills, and either go on-line, or to my local hobby store which is about 40 miles away in another state. :-)
Reply to
willshak
Thanks. I found this wikipedia site which gives the web colors for 3 kinds of khaki
(color)
Reply to
willshak
on 10/20/2007 5:25 PM willshak said the following:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I found this site with the web colors
(color)I printed out a page with a square of the color mix. I mixed Model Master Acryl colors of Sand (4720), Dark Tan (4709), and Panzer Dark Yellow (4796) and got a fairly close khaki. After wear and weathering, the original color khaki will probably disappear. :-) I also mixed up some tire color. I don't like using flat black on the tires because it looks like someone cleaned the tires with Armorall. Panzer Black Grey (4795) and a smidgeon of Flat Black.
Reply to
willshak
Thanks. Yes, but there is a range that I would like to find. Wear and weathering will change it somewhat, but I would like to start with a definite range of color
Reply to
willshak
My favorite "recipe" for mixing rustic grays (perfect for the so-called "tire colors") is black+flesh. Give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Reply to
Greg Heilers

Site Timeline