Large Models -plastic or otherwise

I like to build authentic looking models. the 1/35th scale by tamayi etc. look like they were carved out of a bar of soap--only the soap looks better. Are there any sources of large scale models -plastic (not the large balsa airplanes) which are less than $100 but at least look decent when completed? thanks in advance.

Reply to
spamlapper

Look at the vast nuber of styrene releases by "Evergreen". They take a bit of work (lots of cutting, shaping, cross-referencing against scale plans, etc); but once you paint them (they all come in white, as far as I know....).....the possibilities for a stunning model are endless.

Oh yeah......it may take you three years to do each project, from beginning to end.....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Um...it takes me about that long when the parts are already made for me!

Mike (ODO)

Reply to
Mike (ODO)