Lone Star Models News Letter

I am trying to put together a bi-monthly news letter to send out. Any suggestions on how to do this so it can be received and viewed and not regarded as spam by the spam blocker programs . I tried to send an experimental one out yesterday and most address bounced back. Even had a few past customers angrily respond and ask me not to send them another. Seemed odd to me but, deleted them so it won't happen again.

Anyway advice is welcome,

Mike West/Lone Star Models

Reply to
Mike West

Mike,

You might look at using something like the free Yahoo Groups...people ask to join the group, you add/approve them and make sure you're the only one who can post a message to the group and can look at the membership list. I'm in some groups configured like that and am set to get a daily digest so when the moderator/newsletter owner makes a posting, it ends up in my in-box. I'm not aware of any spam problems associated with Yahoo groups when used in this manner.

--David

Reply to
David Jung

One mans opinion. I would not use Yahoo Groups. They are a real pain in the @ss. If it were me, I would just post a link to the newsletter on this newsgroup and then have an area where they can subscribe. That way only people who want the information get it. Sell some stuff on ebay and post a link to your newsletter in the ebay description. I did this with hockey memorabilia I sell and got a lot of subscribers and business from people who never bid or won one of my auctions It's a great way to find interested buyers without spending a ton of cash (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

The link would be easier. I also have one rocketry newsletter that I receive an email with a link back to a PDF for downloading. I know there are several opt-in emailing list companies you can work with to keep from getting black-listed for spamming, but I haven't looked into the details or cost.

Out of curiosity, what kind of pain have the ya-hoo groups been for you? I'm a member of a couple of dozen groups over quite a few years and have never had a problem worth remembering...but I'm not a moderator/owner either. Other than the free groups and the calendar, I don't have much use for Yahoo.

--David

Reply to
David Jung

Hi Mike

Can you contact me about returning the masters I sent you for the P-51 Cavaliar Mustang and the C-130A Roman Nose.

If you can return them please

Thanks

Glenn Ashley David Jung wrote:

Reply to