Looking for color ideas for this large resin figure

Pretty sure that my old standard Testors brown will not work.

would appreciate color ideas guys... a nice diversion from tanks and planes!

Craig

hope this link works

Greenwell Studios - Dragon Queen - sexy resin model kit - sculpted by Sam Greenwell - twelve inches tall - kit comes in 6 resin parts - $50.00

Reply to
crw59

I'm just getting into figures myself, but if I were doing that piece I'd go with raw and burnt umbers and siennas. Basic brown is too blah and I've never really seen skin that's "brown". The umbers have a slight gray component to them that real skin has, and the siennas have the somewhat orange hue that gives skin (particularly non-caucasian) a bit of glow. If I were you, I'd ask on the XOFacto site, or at the Amazing Figure Modeler site, which is

It's what they do, and they do it incredibly well.

-- Message posted using

information at

Disco58

what link?

Reply to
someone

I think I'm gonna hold out until they make a 1:1 model of Spitzer's babe. No PE necessary (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

$4000 for a model? Sounds like a Trumpeter price. that could be another hobby, body painting.

Craig

Reply to
aikidogal

use the candy based paint. takes a licking...and taste good too.

Reply to
someone

I alway hand mix my flesh colors, as as you say, no one has ever done a decent one right from the bottle. I've found a basic light skin color with multiple thin washes of a darker skin color to work well, to bring out the depth of the face in particular. Most skin colors out of the bottle look as pink as a newborn babe, with Testors' old "Wood" being closer to a actual Caucasian skin tone. African American, native American, Asian, and Hispanic skin shades are far more challenging and interesting to replicate, and are really vastly under-represented in most modern era dioramas, given the very racially diverse composition of our modern military. Someone should write a book on how to do those realistically, especially how tanning affects each of the various skin shades. A combination of various skin shades among individuals in a diorama adds a great deal of "life", and indeed realism to any person in the scene, by making each figure seem to be a individual (skin shade, eye color, and hair color), rather than identical mannequins wearing different uniforms. Ideally, each character in a diorama should be a little model of a individual unto themselves, giving the person looking at it the ability to read something into the figure's life and personality by their own imagination.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

She's no Pamela Anderson... in fact she's basically okay looking, but nothing to crawl up the walls in lust over. I wonder what Playboy's going to pay her for the nekked pictures. $ 80,000?! Get fukin' real. I mean, Christ... he could have had Shakira for that. That might have actually been worth it. He probably wouldn't have survived the night, but my God, what a spectacularly great way to go. You're talking Tina Turner territory here. You'd be running into a basic force of nature, like the sexual equivalent of a major volcanic eruption that could lay waste to cities, and mayhaps sink entire continents.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery