Looking for large scale US Navy sailor figure.

Looking for a large scale US Navy sailor figure 1/12 or ~6" tall (~150 MM?). Preferably not an action figure, but just standing. Must be in WWII to Korean War winter dress uniform; i.e. blouse with flap, neckerchief, bell bottoms, white Dixie cup or blue Donald Duck hat. Pea Coat optional. Not a GI Joe sort of thing with ill-fitting doll house clothing. It can be a kit, or a cast model, and painted or unpainted. Don't bother sending me to the US Navy Memorial store, they want an arm and a leg ($85.50, plus $4.92 tax, plus shipping.) for an 8" bonded bronze figure. Although it looks well made, I may only paint it anyway. If worse comes to worse, I may bite the bullet and spend the $100 or so. Barring that, could any similar 1/12, 150 MM, plastic model figure be converted easily?

Reply to
willshak

Go to ePay and check out the Aurora Sailor figure. Aside from the more- or-less mannikin deadpan expression, it's the size your looking for, from that timeperiod and it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.....

Reply to
The Old Man

-snip-

Dunno 'bout the not costing an arm and a leg bit - the Kit Collector's Value Guide gives a suggested value of "$80-up" on that kit. And they're not exactly plentiful in any case.

Indeed, all of the Aurora figure kits are spendy and none of them are particularly easy to find.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Okay, so a couple of toes and a thumb.... But I ~have~ seen them go (the ones in bags, no boxes, etc.) for $20 to $30, especially during the summer months when the prices dip a bit.

Reply to
The Old Man

Couldn't find it.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks Bill, For that price, I might as well get the Memorial sailor.

Reply to
willshak